Return smokefield to stealth gyro.

Psycoprophet.8107

Cmon cmc, reduced stealth from 3 secs to 1, reduce pulses from 6 to 3, gives visual effect to to enemy players and on  top of all that u remove the smoke combo field from it. U don't think those nerfs were a bit much? At least if combo field was returned the scrapper could chose to use one of their typical damaging skills like hammer leap or blast gyro to blast the field. Given it's 1 sec stealth over 3 pulses I don't think returning its smoke field would make the skill op, as it is now for a ite it's underperforming. Recent changes to scrapper imply u guys want people to incorporate more use of blast finishers.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Cmon cmc, reduced stealth from 3 secs to 1, reduce pulses from 6 to 3, gives visual effect to to enemy players and on  top of all that u remove the smoke combo field from it. U don't think those nerfs were a bit much? At least if combo firld was returned the scrapper could chose to use obe of their typical damaging skills like hammer leap or blast gyro to blast the field. Given it's 1 sec stealth over 3 pulses I don't think returning its smoke field would make the skill op, as it is now for a ite it's underperforming. Recent changes to scrapper imply u guys want people to incorporate more use of blast finishers.

I agree.
The entire purpose of this skill is basically in WvW and PvP since stealth gyro is useless in pve.
But its nerfed so hard that its also useless there now.

• Like 3

I think it’s been established multiple times already, Sneak Gyro is ok in PvE, it does what it's supposed to do.

In PvP and WvW it's totally useless simply because it's a long-ish CD stealth skill that barely gives as much stealth as Toss Elixir S, a tool-belt skill with lower CD.

Sneak Gyro has absolutely 0 selling points in competitive game modes, it's more dead content than Dungeons. 

If they at least gave it the smoke field back that would help the situation, and it would also push more active gameplay which is what Anet seems to want for Scrapper.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, jason.1083 said:

I think it’s been established multiple times already, Sneak Gyro is ok in PvE, it does what it's supposed to do.

In PvP and WvW it's totally useless simply because it's a long-ish CD stealth skill that barely gives as much stealth as Toss Elixir S, a tool-belt skill with lower CD.

Sneak Gyro has absolutely 0 selling points in competitive game modes, it's more dead content than Dungeons. 

If they at least gave it the smoke field back that would help the situation, and it would also push more active gameplay which is what Anet seems to want for Scrapper.

Exactly this! The gyro nerf is a perfect example of a knee jerk reaction over nerf.

On 11/9/2023 at 11:28 AM, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Cmon cmc, reduced stealth from 3 secs to 1, reduce pulses from 6 to 3, gives visual effect to to enemy players and on  top of all that u remove the smoke combo field from it. U don't think those nerfs were a bit much? At least if combo field was returned the scrapper could chose to use one of their typical damaging skills like hammer leap or blast gyro to blast the field. Given it's 1 sec stealth over 3 pulses I don't think returning its smoke field would make the skill op, as it is now for a ite it's underperforming. Recent changes to scrapper imply u guys want people to incorporate more use of blast finishers.

Please don't return the cheese stealth gank build.   If you do, the cries will start and everything but stealth will get nerfed. (read only for PvP, in PVE sure have whatever you like)

Edited by shion.2084
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, shion.2084 said:

Please don't return the cheese stealth gank build.   If you do, the cries will start and everything but stealth will get nerfed. (read only for PvP, in PVE sure have whatever you like)

It has long duration stealth in pve, a 3 sec stealth that can be blasted for more is not anything close to op for a elite skill in pvp/wvw. It's better it be usefull than not at all imo.

On 11/13/2023 at 5:57 PM, shion.2084 said:

Can you explain to me why an elite skill has to have 3 sec of stealth and  60cd?

2 hours ago, Sugar.1946 said:

Can you explain to me why an elite skill has to have 3 sec of stealth and  60cd?

PvP ONLY

It doesn't need to.  But you shouldn't be able to gank out of it.   So in my opinion all ports, stealths, and invulns should come with a debuf (extending several seconds after) that reduces power and condition damage.   Stealth, ports, and invuln should be about tactics and positioning, not walking on top of someone and dropping barrage, thunderclap, and spare capacitor.

If it can do these things, then it creates an asinine brainless rinse and repeat pattern that is really uninteresting to play against and demands everyone basically build to counter this one build.      

In the current state of gyro, engi have now finally stopped getting continuous nerfs to everything, because it all pivoted around that silly skill-less gank.   I would also say engi should not be able to use the snap to target nades effect while running in the opposite direction, and that would really be enough.

In my opinion stealth gyro should be replaced with something better, but not promoting toxic play.  For instance maybe being a jack of all trades, an engi could slot any other skill in that spot from their normal skill options.  That would be unique and engi flavoured.   Anyway point being if you give that stealth back to engi's the gameplay in top tier will revolve around the cheese gank and engi's being stealth busses for their 5 man.   It will put engi in the cross hairs of everyone because it will reshape gameplay just to accommodate for that one skill.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

PvP ONLY

It doesn't need to.  But you shouldn't be able to gank out of it.   So in my opinion all ports, stealths, and invulns should come with a debuf (extending several seconds after) that reduces power and condition damage.   Stealth, ports, and invuln should be about tactics and positioning, not walking on top of someone and dropping barrage, thunderclap, and spare capacitor.

If it can do these things, then it creates an asinine brainless rinse and repeat pattern that is really uninteresting to play against and demands everyone basically build to counter this one build.      

In the current state of gyro, engi have now finally stopped getting continuous nerfs to everything, because it all pivoted around that silly skill-less gank.   I would also say engi should not be able to use the snap to target nades effect while running in the opposite direction, and that would really be enough.

In my opinion stealth gyro should be replaced with something better, but not promoting toxic play.  For instance maybe being a jack of all trades, an engi could slot any other skill in that spot from their normal skill options.  That would be unique and engi flavoured.   Anyway point being if you give that stealth back to engi's the gameplay in top tier will revolve around the cheese gank and engi's being stealth busses for their 5 man.   It will put engi in the cross hairs of everyone because it will reshape gameplay just to accommodate for that one skill.

I think you are confusing engineer with thief

16 hours ago, Sugar.1946 said:

I think you are confusing engineer with thief

I'm quite clear, the meta engi use to b a cheese with a gank stealth gyro build.  My comments apply across all classes to general changes to toxic play that would help alleviate similar issues in multiple circumstances.

• Like 1

Doesnt have to be a smoke field but it needs some changes!

- As an elite skill this should be more worth than throw elexier s tho. Which is not a case, thanks to shorter cooldown, and it even lasts longer when playing with elexier trait line. And it has no singal for your enemy
- This should be par with other elite skill like mesmers massinvis: 10 Targets and lasts much longer!

Imo theree are many options:
- Keep 3 Secs invis and add smoke back in
- Increase the invisbility to 6~8 seconds
- (Increase) the invsibility to 3~5 seconds and add a stunbreak
- Increase the invsibility to 5 Seconds reduce cast time and cooldown

Edited by Nero.7369

On 11/14/2023 at 11:04 PM, Sugar.1946 said:

It was giga OP in Wvw. Made Scrapper mandatory in every group of every zerg. Even more mandatory then Firebrand. 

So, the nerf Hammer hit. 

"Just play something else please" 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 1