Does anyone else think it is stupid to smash your keyboard for what feels like hours ?

Balance.4082

I posted before how much I love this game !! But really the story lines ????????? Honestly what is the point of me spending sometimes up to an hour getting killed coming back getting killed on and on. Is this really supposed to be fun on any level ? 

Why can there not be an option.. ie NOT TO SMASH my keyboard for an hour ? I don't have any shame in ending the story with out these wasted efforts of defeating something, especially when the don't die anyway ?

A few games I have played you could acquire an "instant death".. would that not be an option for people like me ? Enjoy the story.. don't DREAD the end and actually playing to have fun ?

As of now I have 4 different story lines I can not finish.. so frustrating !

Edited by Balance.4082
forgot somethi9ng
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Balance.4082 said:

Honestly what is the point of me spending sometimes up to an hour getting killed coming back getting killed on and on.

Sounds like my usual wvw day 😄
(or me doing jumping puzzles)

But in pve story mode? That's new.

edit: I just remembered that my first experience with the last hot chapter was like that :s I was unable to finish it alone, dropped it for 2 months until 2 friends helped me (which ended up me being dead and not doing anything and they doing everything)

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Umm what story are you having that much issue with?  Get some friends, guildies, or random people to help?

LW s2 the world summit ... I spent 20 min trying to kill dragon and tendrils.. my hand got to sore I accidentally pushed leave instead of retry.. omg.. 

Other players can come into an instance with me ?

1 minute ago, Balance.4082 said:

LW s2 the world summit ... I spent 20 min trying to kill dragon and tendrils.. my hand got to sore I accidentally pushed leave instead of retry.. omg.. 

Yes you can take a group of 5 people total into any story instance.

• Like 3

There are a few times in the story that the difficulty is more than what I would expect in a "story mode" difficulty that I see the personal story, solo instances as. Like Heitor in this latest release. I got the don't get downed achievement first time through but had to replay the instance for another achievement. If you don't give Heitor your full attention, she will eat you alive very quickly.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Balance.4082 said:

Might watch a couple of videos for suggestions.

Yes, you can take four others with you, for a five man group.  Sometimes it helps when you have just too much going on in personal story, some are rather chaotic.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Balance.4082 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_World_Summit

Here is a walk through and maybe some tip for how to do this from gw2 wiki. You can always look up GW2 wiki by using /wiki in chat (and also add a search directly by typing "/wiki world summit").

As for getting other player in a story instance, you will need to use Party invite player and then start story (you as leader for group). You can invite up to 4 player into a party to help you, but make sure that you are the one that interact with the green star to enter story instance. The other player will get a pop up to join you in that instance.

You can also use LFG to find other player that might want to join you in story instance (you need to be outside instance and start it as described above).

EDIT:

It would also be helpful if you could use GW2 Build Editor and copy your build in Build Editor from your Hero Panel as to show what profession, traits, weapons and armour you have equipped. Create a quick link (you can see button in Build Editor for "Get Quicklink" in the buttom part of Editor) and post it here.

It might be that you only need to change some pieces of armour or maybe change weapon from melee to ranged or vv. Don't forget that most profession have two weapon set which they can change between in combat. List both weapon set in Build Editor if you use two set.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Balance.4082 said:

Often having difficulty in personal story indicates a bad build (e.g., insufficient damage or a miss-match of stats) or one that is not being used well enough. It could also be something as simple as swapping around some of the utility skills you normally use for one or two others that better fit the situation (for example, more block, condi cleanse, movement, reflects, minions).

It's been a while since I've taken a character through there, but I don't think the dragon fight is that long. It sounds like you were dying and retrying until the fated miss-click that took you out of the instance. The critical thing(s) to watch for are the large AoEs, as they can do a lot of damage, and the Leeching Thrashers that spawn. Perhaps more range may help you, to give you breathing room, or taking some utilities that can increase your block and/or healing from the damage spikes they can deliver, if dodging alone is not working out.

I remember on some runs standing in the portion of the chamber (north east?) away and to the side of where the Pale Tree's avatar normally is. The cone-like claw attack AoEs and circular ones never really reach over there, so you mostly watch for the huge AoE of the stomp attack that hits the whole area until the next set of tendrils spawn. Maybe using that tactic instead, if you are moving about the room, may help in your transitions between the phases, as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PoppaSmoke.1987 said:

The problem is that all of those videos are showing elite specs. new players do not have the Hero Points for an elite specialization, we are all stuck using core builds while trying to get enough points to become a mechanist or druid.

New players can do like every one else and hunt down 250 out of 1214 hero points for their first then go on to the second and third aswell.

I guess he's no necro then. With minions (and staff) even a core necro is chill to play.

I hope he's no thief.
Though thief could do condi dmg or even better: hybrid on shortbow.
Core thief is the class I find most difficult in tight situations.

Edited by Lucy.3728