Please revert Wild Blow into a launch

Jzaku.9765

Now that the reason it was changed into a knockdown (PVE Berserker needing to spam it off cooldown) will vaporize with the next balance patch, please return our easily accessible long distance knockback into Warrior's anemic toolkit. 

Remember that the only other long range knockback on Warrior is on Rifle. Otherwise, you're coping with Kick or something. We have Bull's Charge to do what Wild Blow does now except better. 

A knockback that goes far is valuable even in endgame PVE btw. The most obvious example being the pushing role on SH, which is normally assigned to the Healer, which the upcoming Staff ostensibly is supposed to push. Please do not make Heal Warrior have to take Rifle for that boss. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Sinc it will become easier to maintain berserk soon, why not use Stomp? It has a 240 launch.

That has the same distance as Kick, basically almost nothing, and definite useless for the use-case mentioned in the OP.

Even if it did work, Stomp also will have too long of a CD to be back in time every time the mechanic happens.

It's been a while, but Wild Blow used to be a 600 range launch. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

7 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

That has the same distance as Kick, basically almost nothing, and definite useless for the use-case mentioned in the OP.

Even if it did work, Stomp also will have too long of a CD to be back in time every time the mechanic happens.

It's been a while, but Wild Blow used to be a 600 range launch. 

Also stomp can be blinded! 

35 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I would hate that change. I already hate that Hammer 4 knocks enemies back.

But if that change happens and the upcoming Zerker uptime buff, i could simply use Bulls Charge instead and never ever use Wild Blow again.

I think this is the issue, the PvE side and PvP/WvW side have differing opinions. Since Stomp already launches, why not make the launch go further and give it 1s of resistance as well as the initial stab stack and 1s resistance extra per foe struck. Give it a 20s CD in PvE.

No. I need it to  do knockdown because I have the enemy right where I want them. Berserk time is a precious commodity and I shouldn't waste any of it chasing down an enemy I pushed away like an idiot. I don't care if it will be easier to maintain Berserk later on, it's still not enough for me.

• Thanks 1