Please fix Sorrow

ccrazool.2905

2 hours ago, ccrazool.2905 said:

Today's game update notes include "Kryptis essence in Convergences will no longer disappear after falling into water" -- hooray!!  Thank you for the fix, devs!!!

And now we have perma wisp phases: the whole time a lot of us were whisps since we joined started event. That meant less damage to sorrow and no heals to Zojja, because maybe half of us were useless in between orbs phases. We couldn't reach 80 % to get orbs, and she died

• Like 1

There's an issue that sometimes Sorrow doesn't drop the essences when he should. I've been in a lot of Sorrow instances and tonight was the first time I've seen a failure. He wouldn't drop them like he normally does. Is there some weird timer that is messed up sometimes. Because it seems like it to me. We had an earlier one last week where it was very similar to tonight's. It felt like the game was "cheating".  Zoja went from around 60-75% health to zero with no essences being dropped. And no, he wasn't in the water(and they said that was fixed). 

• Confused 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:02 AM, Heibi.4251 said:

There's an issue that sometimes Sorrow doesn't drop the essences when he should. I've been in a lot of Sorrow instances and tonight was the first time I've seen a failure. He wouldn't drop them like he normally does. Is there some weird timer that is messed up sometimes. Because it seems like it to me. We had an earlier one last week where it was very similar to tonight's. It felt like the game was "cheating".  Zoja went from around 60-75% health to zero with no essences being dropped. And no, he wasn't in the water(and they said that was fixed). 

Essence droped is based on boss health. If no essence drops, boss doesn't lose health fast enough.

The bosses in convergences drop essence every 10% and on area transition (75, 50, 25). One of the reasons Sorrow goes into a failure spiral is because if the defiance bar is not broken and/or damage is low (which is often the case with not getting the exposed buff from breaking the defiance bar) players are panic carrying the little essence which drops to Zojja, making the next defiance bar even more unlikely to succeed.

There are some other aspects, like players dropping mechanics on Zojja, the boss dashing to a spot far away from Zojja, making the distance needed to travel longer to return essence to her, but the main issue usually is damage (and not enough players carrying the essence to heal her).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1

Sorrow is just one of the most unpleasant bosses I've ever fought even with bugfixes.

CC that ignores stab and/or block

stacking hard and soft CC, such as the pushback + blind during the CC phase (why? Who made this? What cruel god exists that would allow such a thing)

Knockups, feels like it's constant, and somehow always when CC is needed so you have to land first.

Tonight sorrow failed because of low dps and no cc.

Zoija went through two phases where the damage was not high enough, and no cc/dps and therefore no orbs dropped.

Edit1: Failed Sorrow again. Failed 3 converges, all sorrow. Lovely night it is. Pray for DK.

Edit2: Fourth convergence is the charm. Sorrow again and we got it in 20 minutes.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/5/2023 at 5:54 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

Essence droped is based on boss health. If no essence drops, boss doesn't lose health fast enough.

The bosses in convergences drop essence every 10% and on area transition (75, 50, 25). One of the reasons Sorrow goes into a failure spiral is because if the defiance bar is not broken and/or damage is low (which is often the case with not getting the exposed buff from breaking the defiance bar) players are panic carrying the little essence which drops to Zojja, making the next defiance bar even more unlikely to succeed.

There are some other aspects, like players dropping mechanics on Zojja, the boss dashing to a spot far away from Zojja, making the distance needed to travel longer to return essence to her, but the main issue usually is damage (and not enough players carrying the essence to heal her).

Thanks for this info. I had not noticed it until you mentioned it. 

• Confused 1