Please fix Sorrow

ccrazool.2905

Convergences are only every 3 hours.  Then we start it, and play for ~20 minutes, earning very few rewards.  Then Sorrow spawns and all 50 of us realize we just wasted our time.

It doesn't spawn essence in water.  It runs to a watery place at 50%.  That means Zojja will die no matter how hard we try.  That's not acceptable at all.

We should only fail a convergence if we don't try to win.  But if Sorrow only drops 3 essence per player at 40% and 30% Zojja dies no matter what.  

Please respect my time more than this.  Fix Sorrow immediately.

Edited by ccrazool.2905
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

In all of my 7 daily runs so far, I get sorrow most of the time. Not once Sorrow went over the water, the first and only fail happened due to complete lack of CC, and people started panicking and stopped dpsing, so we have hit neither of conditions to get next essence drop from it, while it was hammering on Zoija.

And I have been doing these, exclusively in public.

(Don't get me wrong, fixing bugs like not spawning essences is important thing for AN to do, but could we please stop overblowing things out of proportions in here?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

It runs to a watery place at 50%

It doesn't "run" to a water place. It jumps to a player which stands at max range near a body of water close to one of its spawn points (the one at 50%). If players position properly, this becomes a non issue.

That said, and because even 1 idiot can mess this up: there needs to be a fix for essences not spawning in water, agreed. Had that bug 1nce and we got lucky that zojja was near full health before, damage was high enough to transition her fast enough and a lot of people started hearing her once the bug occured (which still resulted in a 30->90->30 jojo on her health bar).

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Asking that failure be removed as a possibility, and that is at the core of the OP's request, is a disservice to anything that might be considered a game. 

I do not think that this was actually core of the OP request, the glitch he refers to is a real thing, and it can fail you convergence with most o the participants not being able to do much about it - the gist of that segment is to bursting the boss to specific tresholds, and breaking CC bars, to spawn essences to keep Zoija alive, and it is perfectly reasonable to expect AN to fix bugs that break this chain of causality.

The only problem I find with OP's post is that they have exaggerated frequency of the issue occurring.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Odd that I have not encounted any problems here so far. Played 3 convergences last week, 3 this week. (Starting thursday last week. So not directly at day 1 of the new content release.) This week I started monday.

Twice the Sorrow. 4 times the Dark Knight. No fail. Times varied from 22 minutes until above 30 (everyone farming mid and the sieges instead of going for bosses - taking forever at the islands ... because of the permanent AP).

Only if people moved near Zojja and stayed there for too long it seemed to have put her in danger of AoE when those players were targeted. But we managed to heal her up pretty fast.

7 hours ago, ccrazool.2905 said:

It doesn't spawn essence in water.

This is bug which should be fixed.

7 hours ago, ccrazool.2905 said:

We should only fail a convergence if we don't try to win.

Please respect my time more than this.

This is funniest thing I read in the while.

/s

I always try to win so I demand that I win. Add "insta win" button for me and respect my authoriton.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 11/14/2023 at 9:53 PM, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

Re content, it is worth keeping in mind that lack of content is only a veteran player problem. For new GW2 players there is a massive amount of content which is all relevant and generally has a good number of players playing it.

I think GW2 stacks up well in this regard for new players. Games like WoW might have more total content but their vertical progression model means most of that content is completely abandoned as only the very latest content is worth playing for veteran players. (Because the rewards from the slightly older content are to underpowered to be relevant in the latest WoW expansion)

never failed a single convergence, but guess I was lucky, if this is really happening then it should be fixed, also make demon more fun, or let sorrow be the only guy there

9 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Asking that failure be removed as a possibility, and that is at the core of the OP's request, is a disservice to anything that might be considered a game. 

I am not asking that failure be removed as a possibility.  That is an absurd thing to claim.

I am asking that the essence mechanic work as it should, and that essences get fixed so they ACTUALLY spawn when they land in water, so that players can gather them and heal Zojja and participate in the mechanic as designed.

"You have to heal Zojja to win, but it's not possible to do so if the boss ends up near water, so you just get to watch her die 20 minutes into the Convergence" is not acceptable and you know it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This is funniest thing I read in the while.

Why do you find it funny?

We should only win if we try to win.  That means doing good dps, healing Zojja, killing siege, and staying alive.  If we don't even try to do that, we deserve to fail.  I thought this was a widely shared sentiment? 

Why do you frame it like I'm asking for a "win" button??  That makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

I love fighting sorrow in private squads but it's a pretty bad fight for pugs.

The fight can be ruined by one person standing near the water's edge. Then its game over. 

When sorrow runs to water at 50% it doesnt spawn essences. So Zoija can't be healed. 

80% of my sorrow PUG runs have failed. Private squads never have this problem because when you tell people to do something, they do it.

Edited by Pinkeh.4207
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Pinkeh.4207 said:

I love fighting sorrow in private squads but it's a pretty bad fight for pugs.

The fight can be ruined by one person standing near the water's edge. Then its game over. 

When sorrow runs to water at 50% it doesnt spawn essences. So Zoija can't be healed. 

80% of my sorrow PUG runs have failed. Private squads never have this problem because when you tell people to do something, they do it.

Give the pugs afew months to learn and it will be no problem there either.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/16/2023 at 4:53 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't know what the OP is talking about, but Sorrow is far more difficult than the other boss I've seen.  It's the constant CC spam, both lifting you up into the air and pulling you.  It makes everything more difficult.

tbh I kind of like how challenging the sorrow is

• Like 1

To many people never run orbs and sorrow tends to fail. Failed five public sorrow this week. See way to many players just standing around only dpsing or standing in front of sorrow so they get blown away when its time to cc.

Plus the water bug does not help. No orbs will spawn on the water so if sorrow runs to the water you tend to miss the chance to even heal zojja.

Edited by Chocofox.9503
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/16/2023 at 5:59 AM, ccrazool.2905 said:

Convergences are only every 3 hours.  Then we start it, and play for ~20 minutes, earning very few rewards.  Then Sorrow spawns and all 50 of us realize we just wasted our time.

It doesn't spawn essence in water.  It runs to a watery place at 50%.  That means Zojja will die no matter how hard we try.  That's not acceptable at all.

We should only fail a convergence if we don't try to win.  But if Sorrow only drops 3 essence per player at 40% and 30% Zojja dies no matter what.  

Please respect my time more than this.  Fix Sorrow immediately.

We failed last convergence because of this bug after over 10 consecutive wins under 20 minutes in Public Instances even with Sorrow.

Once he is in the water and hit a certain HP threshold when he normaly drops orbs that people can pick up to heal Zojja he doesn't..

If this happens twice in a row on certain HP threshold when hes still in the water than its always a fail..

I see  people here who have no idea about this issue and who probably never had this problem but its for certain a bug no matter how good the group is the instance fails if this happens..

If any ArenaNet developer reads this please check in on this fix this bug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:07 PM, Noc Rubu.5804 said:

please explain more

If it touches water it just stops spawning essences.  Sometimes if it moves to NE spawn, it will charge to the water before anyone gets there. 

Sometimes if its stuck on a rock it will just chain CC phases back to back to back to back until it charges again.  If it moves to the SW spawn, it can charge into the rocks before anyone gets there. 

Sometimes in the last 25%, it chains Sorrow Barrage until it charges again. 

Sometimes Sorrow just decides that instead of spawning its full compliment of orbs, it will drop 3. 

Sorrow is just horribly designed / bugged at the moment. 

Can you beat it? Sure. Can you beat it if it decides to touch water or a rock before 40% in phase 3? Probably not in a public instance. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1