It would be nice if boon share range was increased as QoL in pve content for some specs

Chie.3061

Some specs have pretty short ranges for sharing boons (like druid alacrity) which leads to a not-as-fun, in my opinion, loop of a party clipping into each other in a huddle to share boons. Some classes like herald have absolutely no struggle to share boons over a wide area which makes them feel more fun to play. 

I think if boon sharing ranges were equalized or improved at the lower ends it would be a major QoL and overall fun improvement to the game.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Look at fire overload's 180 radius might generation. That is your amazing reward right there for pulling off a 4 second cast time skill! 

Meanwhile another profession that will not be named simply keeps pulsing everything at a 600 radius without even the opportunity to be interrupted. I see nothing wrong with this. Pure balance. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/20/2023 at 7:25 AM, Emberheart.8426 said:

Look at fire overload's 180 radius might generation. That is your amazing reward right there for pulling off a 4 second cast time skill! 

Meanwhile another profession that will not be named simply keeps pulsing everything at a 600 radius without even the opportunity to be interrupted. I see nothing wrong with this. Pure balance. 🤣

Certainly not overturned at all no no, all perfectly fine.🤨

On 11/20/2023 at 12:25 AM, Emberheart.8426 said:

At first I didn't feel like replying, but the pure balance you're talking about is harder to balance between just a buff and a buff coupled with an attack that's still pretty strong.

I agree that the area could be larger, but at the same time it's still a good damage skill if you have a larger radius like the fire overload. You'll be farther away to launch this attack, so you'll take fewer risks. Then, with a trait, you can have stability.. I'm not saying that everything's perfect, but I think that a small increase in radius wouldn't be out of line, without being too excessive either.

The thing that could be done eventually is, as with the scourge, to have a line that covers the area without increasing the damage too much, for example, or the renegat alacrity.

Elem's shout skills have a range of 600, though.

Edited by Angesombre.4630

3 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

At first I didn't feel like replying, but the pure balance you're talking about is harder to balance between just a buff and a buff coupled with an attack that's still pretty strong.

I agree that the area could be larger, but at the same time it's still a good damage skill if you have a larger radius like the fire overload. You'll be farther away to launch this attack, so you'll take fewer risks. Then, with a trait, you can have stability.. I'm not saying that everything's perfect, but I think that a small increase in radius wouldn't be out of line, without being too excessive either.

The thing that could be done eventually is, as with the scourge, to have a line that covers the area without increasing the damage too much, for example, or the renegat alacrity.

Elem's shout skills have a range of 600, though.

You do have a point, but it should be noted that boons still happen while you are attacking with many other skills. Examples include using a skill that is automatically pulsing them at all times or if you are using something like a mantra or a shout with no cast time. In addition, overloads happen to be some of the largest opportunity cost skills in the game. 4 seconds cast time plus putting your attunement on 20 seconds cooldown in a world where Anet wanted to remove tradeoffs from specs. It's such a hefty cost that overload water barely ever gets use even in heal builds, just because of the massive tradeoffs.

You can at least get stability if you sacrifice things that other supports don't have to sacrifice, but then again bladesworn gets a bigger area on their dragon trigger and they get stability plus aegis for free. Not to say that they are directly comparable, but it does show that it is reasonable to give high risk skills some form of protection.

Also support tempest has no room for more traits. You can't even take your heal and alac traits at the same time. Any support radius increase would have to be baseline, even if they have to make it separate to the damage, which I am really not convinced should be as tiny as 180 anyway.

9 minutes ago, Jedrik.3109 said:

Stacking would still happen. 

Ranged DPS being able to stand just a little further back would go a long way towards making mechanics easier to see. If with Ally Visual Effects turned off it can still be a challenge to see the Agony mechanic on Cairn for example because you got 10 players worth of vfx layered on top of each other. In FFXIV mechanics are for the most part way more visible than in GW2, and it's not just because in FFXIV you can turn other player's VFX off, it's because the range of healing and raid-wide buffs is generous enough where players can have a decent amount of distance between each other. Unless a mechanic specifically requires players to stack, everyone can have their own personal bubble.

• Like 1

Pretty much all classes have now at least one boon support build. Boon ranges vary between 180 and 600 with addition of some specific cases like Firebrand mantra frontal cone. So groups should basically stack within 180 range to be sure everyone gets all the boons or you can judge case by case depending on the composition. But with so many boons, abilities and builds it is not realistic to expect players to know every ability's of every class boon range outside of statics. 600 range baseline (even 450 or smth like that) would really improve the life of everyone and I dont think this homogenisation would bring anything negative.

I really hate it on my FB when 1 player from my group is slow and is not within range. What should I do, should I start booning and ignore that player or wait a little bit, maybe he moves but risk everyone else. If not on discord you can't really start typing to move their as. And that is why I really like Herald because of the range and also because you have constant ticking so it doesn't matter when I use the ability.

Now for spvp 600 range would be super overpowered. So the range should be limited to pve. Not sure if they can do it.

• Confused 1