Guardian clearly was the favourite for a decent looking set of pistol skills

Smoosh.2718

Meanwhile warrior is left with only an offhand pistol that shoots as far as a pebble thrown from a slugs hands.
Pains me to see more effort put into most other classes weapons, other than warrior.

We had a torch, a clunky point blank weapon.

We had Mainhand dagger (actually a more successful mace so this one gets a tick.. however barely changed warriors playstyle)

We had an offhand dagger, weapon competes with a much better offhand weapon, axe.

We have offhand pistol, no range no change in playstyle heavily tied down to its elite spec for bonus damage, missing its mainhand counterpart that would have given the warrior range and a change in playstyle... something warrior has not had since core days.

Luckily i have made a guardian and decked out with gear, the more im seeing of these releases the more im tempted to say farewell warrior due to its constant game of catch up to things other classes have had since day one.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

idk why they always had to keep the animation as simple and minimal as possible on warrior...when they already kept the skill functions as simple as possible..

you can keep the skills function simple and repetitive if that's what you want for warrior

at least tune up the effects..

minimalistic/weak special effect + minimalistic function = drive people away

i thought they had something going with spellbreaker effects and follow up with the new warhorn animation...they actually made warhorn animation cool and feel powerful to use...

but then..all gone back down again...

like keep the yellow, add some high contrast white or black for highlight and make it feel sharp and look interesting..instead of just pale 50% transparent soft washed-out yellow all the time on melee skills thats supposed to feel heavy and impactful

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

I kinda like it myself and can see where they were going with it... but a more conventional mainhand pistol would certainly be good to see.

Maybe in the next expac, in about mid 2025. 

I still don't know why they did not make a Staff sustain/mobility warrior spec for EoD with Monk feels to fill out the healer role with a nice weapon and give people a genuinely nice spec to roam with, choosing to release double pistols as the SotO feature.

But ofc anet had to rival FF14 since they are terrible at making specs on their own. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1