Garden plot more seeds.

It kinda stinks that such an expensive Black Lion feature has such a limited seed selection. Most of these seeds currently available will take years and years of going in the home instance to break even. 

Why not increase the selection. Bring flax. Bring the herbs from which the seeds for the ascended food recipes drop. 

I personally have all 3 gardens enabled but it just serves as a constant reminder of how stupid I was to invest in them. 

People will come up with the reason but its inflation, Anet needs a way to sink gold to keep the economy afloat. Suuuuuuure crafting some food from 12 gathering spots is going to ruin the economy more than it already is. 

Its supposed to be a convenience item but it creates the inconvenience of running around on other maps looking for the ascended food seeds. If anything it creates more of an inconvenience than it solves one.

• Confused 3

There already are 2-3 plants that are more expensive than flax so there is atleast that. But I agree with you, 2-3 silvers from one plant is not enough for the price of the plot. Luckily for me, it paid itself in 3 days for me when EoD came out, because of the kale prices. 

Now I just use it to craft primers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacklust.4638 said:

Most of these seeds currently available will take years and years of going in the home instance to break even. 

Bring your cooking to 500 and plant seeds for ascended crops.
You can sell them for 50s+ each and you get a gardening plot for free from the achievements.
Also use the sicle with 33% of an extra hit (and the booster if you want), that works for the gardening ones.
With one bought and the one free gardening plot you get 8 plants -> about 14 items per day. That's 7g.

For the 320g you need for the 800g the gardening plot cost you only need about 1.5 months (2 months when you buy the seeds) to break even.
That's much faster than any of the other home instance items.

• Like 3

Flax already exists as it's own node, as does omnomberry, lotus, and a few others.  You are correct, it's meant to be a convenience.   And it's quite profitable (oh the rush on kale during EoD!) at times.  

I can't say I have ever ran short on the seeds needed for the ascended recipes.  Usually they're pretty cheap on the TP though, so just buy them.  

I just have my 12 spots planted with saffron.

Saffron bread takes saffron, and three other ingredients you can buy in bulk from the vendor right next to the cooking stations. Each one can be salvaged into a research note. When I run out, I'll have my saffron stockpile built back up, and can rattle out a ton of them with no hassle.