Ranger - Mount while in Combat

Quirin.1076

How do you mount while in combat? 

I cannot find how they are doing it, but I will be attacking them, while their pet attacks me.  If they start to lose they will run away and all of a sudden mount up. I am in combat with them hitting them and  I cannot figure out how they are doing it.   Of course I am in Combat so I cannot mount up a chase them down.

I have seen them do this on a soulbeast and druid build, and I cannot wrap my head around how they are doing this.   I know with long bow there is a stealth and I know with celestial change their is a stealth, but stealth does not break combat.  They are also still in range of my weapons, because I can see the condition damage ticking off them.   I saw them do this twice in a single fight, they got dismounted, and then the mount cooldown later they mounted up again, while being attacked.   They ended up losing that fight because another group came in and dismounted them and instantly downed them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

I cannot find how they are doing it, but I will be attacking them, while their pet attacks me.  If they start to lose they will run away and all of a sudden mount up. I am in combat with them hitting them and  I cannot figure out how they are doing it.   Of course I am in Combat so I cannot mount up a chase them down.

I have seen them do this on a soulbeast and druid build, and I cannot wrap my head around how they are doing this.   I know with long bow there is a stealth and I know with celestial change their is a stealth, but stealth does not break combat.  They are also still in range of my weapons, because I can see the condition damage ticking off them.   I saw them do this twice in a single fight, they got dismounted, and then the mount cooldown later they mounted up again, while being attacked.   They ended up losing that fight because another group came in and dismounted them and instantly downed them.

Its a third party tool, they're cheating.  It is possible to run far enough away from a fight that you drop combat and mount, but you are likely talking about what I see all the time.  They don't "run away and mount up", they literally mount while at 10% health while still being hit with 130 range skills.  The other fun one is they just port to their spawn while in combat too...same illegal third party tool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Can you clip this and post a video?

3 hours ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Can you clip this and post a video?

I unfortunately did not clip it, not sure what people use to get those clips on demand, I can ask around.   The player hangs out right outside of spawn south alpine area, south camp or spawn camp on alpine maps, well that is where I have seen them every time.   So it should be easy to catch them doing it again. 

It is possible that a ranger gains enough distance to get out of combat while the pet might still keep those chasing in combat. So you being in combat doesn't neccessarily mean a ranger is also still in combat. However the enemy has to get away far enough ofc, at least for a split second (but not neccessarily much longer - there is no delay for ooc). If you were still actively hitting with your weapon (and didn't just had some leftover condis ticking that potentially ran out or got cleansed) the player definitely shouldn't be able to mount up. Since i have never seen anyone mount up while in combat, i'd also be interested in a video showcase if possible.

5 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

It is possible that a ranger gains enough distance to get out of combat while the pet might still keep those chasing in combat. So you being in combat doesn't neccessarily mean a ranger is also still in combat. However the enemy has to get away far enough ofc, at least for a split second (but not neccessarily much longer - there is no delay for ooc). If you were still actively hitting with your weapon (and didn't just had some leftover condis ticking that potentially ran out or got cleansed) the player definitely shouldn't be able to mount up. Since i have never seen anyone mount up while in combat, i'd also be interested in a video showcase if possible.

For me when my ranger pet is in combat I cannot mount or use waypoint

• Like 1

Thief Profession and Elementalist Profession are the worst offender of this exploit. I've witnessed and experienced this way too much time happening in WvW.

But hey, it's the abandoned WvW game mode where Exploits, Hacks and Cheating are Allowed and are Tolerated, Treated as Superstars Gameplay Mechanic

Edited by Burnfall.9573
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

15 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

I unfortunately did not clip it, not sure what people use to get those clips on demand, I can ask around.   The player hangs out right outside of spawn south alpine area, south camp or spawn camp on alpine maps, well that is where I have seen them every time.   So it should be easy to catch them doing it again. 

GeForce experience comes with clipping if you have a Nvidia card, or even Windows Game Bar (you might just have to enable it). By default you can clip the last 30 seconds by pressing the Windows Key + G.

• Thanks 2