Any one else noticed the rise in lazy participation through the use of skyscale fireball?

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, this whole comment started from someone saying it's griefing, so... maybe you didn't pay attention.

Not sure where this came from? Not everything is black and white, but in this case the justification and reasoning behind these two situations is the same and boils down to nothing else than the convenience of the person who uses the mount -as I already explained in previous posts.

As I said, I don't think you do them more credit because you just assume malice. If you assume that from the players in low level zones, you should do the same in regards of people who do that in high level zones. Because why exactly not?

I agree, but I'm not sure how that changes or addresses what I said. If anything, that was part of the point I was making in an answer to people who said that "it's ok because it's in the game" (when it comes to hovering and pressing 2 on skyscale for easy/lazy participation on bosses).

And people safely hovering above the boss, scaling event, while dealing low overal dmg with few fireballs... don't do it out of selfishness for easy rewards with minimal effort? I'm honestly baffled how you don't see that both of these examples are based on the same motivation. Which, again, is nothing else than those players' own convenience.

Scaling events while dealing miniscule damage and then (actually also during pressing 2) semiafking in the air very clearly has an effect on everyone else, the whole event takes that much longer and rides on the backs of people who actually actively play the game. I think that's the bit of context you're missing here -you apparently think that someone leeching/"lazy participation" isn't affecting anyone. But it is.

Well, there is one thing I can say for sure: you live up to my expectations. That's okay, though. I tried to explain it but you fail to see the nuance and even continue to make claims about me, after I specifically refuted them in clear language. That's my cue to exit because there's no point discussing things further when this is the case.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So, some people who have trouble getting event credit in lower level zones because of mount damage skills assume the other player(s) are griefing.  Just so, some players who see other players using a mount attack to attack from on high assume the other players are being lazy.  In both instances, these assumptions need not be correct.

One likely explanation for using mount attacks to get event credit in lower level zones is because the player doing so is only there to get some reward, and wants to get credit fast so they can go do something else that is not by its nature mind-numbingly boring.

Likewise, there are a number of possible explanations for why players use Skyscale attacks that have nothing to do with laziness.  One is: the feature is new and can fit a concept that the player has for their role-play of their character in a, you know, role-playing game.  Another is that -- especially for the less informed -- ANet meta events are a confusing mess of arcane mechanics involving 60,000 red circles which are not survivable for a great many of the possible builds out there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1