Best use for an ascended weapon....

What is the best use for an ascended weapon you no longer need?

Feels like just salvaging it is such a waste, since, you only get a couple of materials which value doesn't even reach 1g and it costs you average 50g to craft, approximately... usually. 

Is there a way to get ascended materials back?

They cannot be sold, and I'm not much of a hoarder.

I only like to keep what is really necessary... but I wouldn't mind much if bank tabs were cheaper.

Thanks in advance. 

51 minutes ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

What is the best use for an ascended weapon you no longer need?

Feels like just salvaging it is such a waste, since, you only get a couple of materials which value doesn't even reach 1g and it costs you average 50g to craft, approximately... usually. 

Is there a way to get ascended materials back?

They cannot be sold, and I'm not much of a hoarder.

I only like to keep what is really necessary... but I wouldn't mind much if bank tabs were cheaper.

Thanks in advance. 

You can use Research kit to get Research Notes which can be used as crafting or currency token.

Use GW2 wki to find out how much token you can get and for usage Research Notes can be for your needs.

For crafting Motivation for your Rift hunting you will need RN and you will probably also need it for the rest of getting Legendary Armour from SoTO content.

You can sell Motivation if you don't plan to use those for Rift hunting, so you can get some Gold from using Research Kits.

The best way like always will be depending on what you need or what you already have access to.

If you have enough Bank space, then store it there and move it to another character or use Mystic Fontaine recipe(look up on GW2 wik for what you need)  for changing attribute on that weapon.

Just make sure to remove any upgrades that can be expensive to get again like aome Infusions or Sigils/Rune. There are tools to extract those, but it will add into cost to remove those before you Salvage or use Research Kit.

You have all option here between keep weapon, change attributes, move it on to Bank or another character that can use that weapon or use either normal Ascended Salvage kit or Research Kit

RN will go to Wallet [unlimited space for currency]; mats from normal Ascended Salvage kit will produce material that will go to Material Storage[ limited up to 2500 max of Mats that can stack if you have bought Material Storage Expanders from Gem Store].

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But you can salvage half the tp for research notes, but only ascended weapons and armor pieces for the balls of dark energy. I favor the balls.
I wasn't amused at the idea to have to craft ascended equipment just to salvage it for balls.
Luckily I got something dropped in time to save me from that bad experience.

• Like 1