Grenade kit auto has been nerfed in pvp

pbalint.1607

13 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Yes now finally engi will(hopefully) get some much needed buffs now that grenade kit is no longer gatekeeping the class from actually being in a decent state. 

Well I sure hope that's actually the case considering Anet recent history with anything that involve engineer.

I am still shocked that they buffed pistol off hand

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Well I sure hope that's actually the case considering Anet recent history with anything that involve engineer.

I am still shocked that they buffed pistol off hand

Didn't they nerf access to alacrity on Mechanist? So it's probably just to bring the numbers back up a bit such that it (Mechanist) is not even worst off in solo PvE content.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:14 AM, LilBiM.3581 said:

Didn't they nerf access to alacrity on Mechanist? So it's probably just to bring the numbers back up a bit such that it (Mechanist) is not even worst off in solo PvE content.

As far as PvE goes (solo PVE) the relic system killed the old sanctuary rune. It is still possible to maintain alacrity but you have to use Mace 2 off CD and spam barrier signet.

As far as PvP goes, Mechanist received nothing but nerf eversince its been released. Even the last patch nerfed condi mechanist. Anet isnt even hiding their intention of making Mechanist unplayable against opponent who dont mindlessly spam 1.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

As far as PvE goes (solo PVE) the relic system killed the old sanctuary rune. It is still possible to maintain alacrity but you have to use Mace 2 off CD and spam barrier signet.

As far as PvP goes, Mechanist received nothing but nerf eversince its been released. Even the last patch nerfed condi mechanist. Anet isnt even hiding their intention of making Mechanist unplayable against opponent who dont mindlessly spam 1.

Alac generation in PVE doesn’t need mace2 or barrier signet.  Just needs around 500 concentration for the mech to inherit then mech barrier pulses + F2 and F3 will cover.  Mace2 and barrier signet are actually pretty meh due to the 1s ICD of the barrier -> alac trait combined with the mechs barrier pulses every 3s.  You need to land the mace2 in that 2s window or you get nothing. For barrier signet you’re sure to lose 2 ticks of alac as well for that reason.   Mech alac is funky as heck but doesn’t need mace/barrier signet.

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

The goal appears to be to make Mechanist unplayable in PvP. Therefore players should play something else.

As for grenade kit. You will need to find something else as filler and there are not many competitive filler options remaining.

15 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

You would think mechanist was the most overpowered spec in the game the way it's playing out with that.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Jerus.4350 said:

Alac generation in PVE doesn’t need mace2 or barrier signet.  Just needs around 500 concentration for the mech to inherit then mech barrier pulses + F2 and F3 will cover.  Mace2 and barrier signet are actually pretty meh due to the 1s ICD of the barrier -> alac trait combined with the mechs barrier pulses every 3s.  You need to land the mace2 in that 2s window or you get nothing. For barrier signet you’re sure to lose 2 ticks of alac as well for that reason.   Mech alac is funky as heck but doesn’t need mace/barrier signet.

I'm not talking about group content in which case you run full support. I'm talking about OW solo stuff. Unless you run the support for F2 and F3 in OW in which case that's good for you I guess. With the build I run I only have F2 to generate alac along side mace and barrier signet if I want a 100% uptime.

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

You would think mechanist was the most overpowered spec in the game the way it's playing out with that.

I am sure the vast majority of PvP player still believe Mechanist is a braindead top tier meta pick. 

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

I'm not talking about group content in which case you run full support. I'm talking about OW solo stuff. Unless you run the support for F2 and F3 in OW in which case that's good for you I guess. With the build I run I only have F2 to generate alac along side mace and barrier signet if I want a 100% uptime.

I am sure the vast majority of PvP player still believe Mechanist is a braindead top tier meta pick. 

Ahh, that makes sense.  Always felt it was a bit of a toss up before, lose stats going Sanctuary, or lose the GM bonus you prefer over the “support” option, had similar results either way, but having some quickness was nice.   Just swapping the “F2” trait to support kills the damage the mech does itself either way.  (I hate mech trait design)