Revert change to illusion line.

chimera.3854

1 hour ago, chimera.3854 said:

Making Blurred Inscriptions and Restorative Illusions both grandmaster traits ruins a lot of roaming builds in WvW - builds that were not in any way overpowered. Please revert this unnecessary change.

Ruining WvW builds was probably the point, you realize. That's generally where most balance patches come from. Look at the meta in WvW/sPvP, and then make it not meta anymore.

I think my biggest gripe is that there isn't really a lot to choose from in the major master traits in inspiration now

Like in pvp you're probably just never using focus, you most likely aren't using glamour except maybe portal but even then that's limited

I guess you could use ego restoration but it honestly feels so insanely weak to use 

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Mobian.8256 said:

Like in pvp you're probably just never using focus, you most likely aren't using glamour except maybe portal but even then that's limited

I guess you could use ego restoration but it honestly feels so insanely weak to use 

They all get used a ton in WvW roaming unless by PvP you mean conquest then that's fair. 

At this point Conquest is a dead game mode so I don't think they even consider it when balancing. 

7 minutes ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Had my names mixed up nvm 

No. The OP had their names mixed up.

The thread title says Illusions but the first post only talks about Inspiration traits.

Illusions traitline is meta for all Virtuoso builds and I love using it for my Chrono when I'm doing open world content.

I'd love if I could make a Chrono DPS build using the traitline but you can't have everything.

I'm really thankful for the inspiration changes. I'm glad that I can have the Revive traits alongside the healing traits... But I'm very well aware that there are many people upset at the change competing with Blurred Inscriptions.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

No. The OP had their names mixed up.

The thread title says Illusions but the first post only talks about Inspiration traits.

Illusions traitline is meta for all Virtuoso builds and I love using it for my Chrono when I'm doing open world content.

I'd love if I could make a Chrono DPS build using the traitline but you can't have everything.

I'm really thankful for the inspiration changes. I'm glad that I can have the Revive traits alongside the healing traits... But I'm very well aware that there are many people upset at the change competing with Blurred Inscriptions.

Fair I thought something was off.

I used to love Inspiration but find it useless since Nov 28 as a Virt. Find Illusion paired with Chaos is more then enough to face tank anything and keep a party up.

Having absurd amounts of healing was cool but not necessary when no one is taking damage any more to require it. Maybe it still has some purpose in WvW, but I even dropped it from my PvP builds.

I genuinely feel like Inspiration was rendered useless in this update, as someone who ran it pretty much since Virt launched. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Voyant.1327 said:

Fair I thought something was off.

I used to love Inspiration but find it useless since Nov 28 as a Virt. Find Illusion paired with Chaos is more then enough to face tank anything and keep a party up.

Having absurd amounts of healing was cool but not necessary when no one is taking damage any more to require it. Maybe it still has some purpose in WvW, but I even dropped it from my PvP builds.

I genuinely feel like Inspiration was rendered useless in this update, as someone who ran it pretty much since Virt launched. 

The update didn't decrease the amount of damage enemies do.

So what changed in the Nov 28th update that you don't need as much healing?

Yes. Restorative Illusions should come back to the middle options. All the middle options sucks, Temporal Enchanter is the only could be cool if you are using glamour skills, Ego restoration just SUCKS so bad that doesn't makes sense and Warden's Feedback... didn't Arenanet said they wanted to remove all traits about weapons cdrs?  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Prob Not A Bot.3452 said:

Yes. Restorative Illusions should come back to the middle options. All the middle options sucks, Temporal Enchanter is the only could be cool if you are using glamour skills, Ego restoration just SUCKS so bad that doesn't makes sense and Warden's Feedback... didn't Arenanet said they wanted to remove all traits about weapons cdrs?  

Ego Restoration generates a ton of Clones with the mantra so it seems to be the initial meta pick for  Support builds.

I'm really thankful that I can take Medics Feedback, Temporal Enchanter, and Restorative Illusions. I like being able to boost Feedback and help provide some revive boosts.

I understand people are upset about not being able to heal on shatters with the Signet Distortion trait. But I also think it's really funny that they changed Mental Defender to triggering on Distortion but they made it compete with the only way to get Distortion more than once every minute.

I personally really like Restorative Illusions in the GM slot because I hate the Signet trait as a support. Every goddamn Signet has such a long cooldown and the Mesmer has so many good utilities I want to bring that I really don't want to be taking the Signets that aren't useful for anything other than giving one Aegis every so often.

But I do feel sorry for the people that did want to use both of those traits.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 5:19 AM, Prob Not A Bot.3452 said:

WvW and PvP power builds that use inspiration to have some cleansing are now unplayeable. And Ego Restoration is useless even with the mantra healing, you dont need to get more clones when using a powerfull tool like is the healing skill, you can get more than enough clones from other sourcess.

Hyperbole much?

If you were caring about cleansing and took Illusionary Inspiration to get passive healing then you now have no changes except an additional open trait slot because that was moved to the Minor trait.

The only downside was Blurred Inscriptions now competes with Restorative Illusions and not Illusionary Inspiration. But self heals is now free on the trait line... And Blurred Inscriptions isn't what you said was needed for the trait line either.

On 12/6/2023 at 8:59 PM, Mell.4873 said:

They all get used a ton in WvW roaming unless by PvP you mean conquest then that's fair. 

At this point Conquest is a dead game mode so I don't think they even consider it when balancing. 

Yeah I meant conquest LOL 

i like that game mode 😞