Isle of Reflection is unfinished and inferior to other GHs

Tuxie.1209

Since Guild Halls are being looked at and being updated, Anet should take a 2nd look at Isle of Reflection and update it seeing as Isle of Reflection is widely seen by the community as the weakest of the Guild Halls. It has a vastly lower vertical build compared to the other GHs, it has a bunch of unnecessary Invisible Walls(the North East island isn't even accessible), and outside the main functional buildings there are no enterable buildings, allowing little room for decoration and no personal areas for guild Members like the other GHs, furthermore, the Further Exploration Guild Upgrade doesn't even do anything whereas for the other GHs it added entirely new infrastructure and opened up new areas for the players to explore and decorate.

For a game called *Guild* Wars it's really sad to see an area that's supposed to be a pivotal part of the Guild experience getting neglected.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

After upgrading your scribing station to be inside, don't you love the little invisible scribing stations by the harvest nodes you can smack into? It's like having your own little interdimensional scribing stations. It's a two for one deal!
I still remember the breathtaking cinematics when upgrading various structures. Thank heavens they were only 1-2 seconds, otherwise they could have asphyxiated me. Good thing there's not one for Further Exploration Guild Upgrade, it probably was so mind blowing it'd probably light your computer of fire if it didn't suck all the oxygen out of the room first. I can only imagine this was all part of the grand design and things are as they should be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/7/2023 at 11:10 AM, DeanBB.4268 said:

So....pick one of the other GHs?

Yes, it should be fixed. I imagine it is on a list somewhere...way down on that list somewhere...

We shouldn't have to get one of the older GHs, especially since those GHs are scaled for squads to take over and IoR is the only one that is scaled for Solo takeover. Isle of Reflection is a beautiful GH it's just a shame that it has so many issues and areas where it's so unfinished, especially for one advertised as "being for the decorators".

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Windswept Haven guild hall needs an upgrade too. Out of the four guild halls, Windswept Haven is the only one without any deep water access for skiff racing/piloting. All the streams and water areas inside the hall are so shallow that we can't even place a skiff anywhere on them.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834
  • Thanks 2

On 12/7/2023 at 7:05 AM, kharmin.7683 said:

The game's name is only due to the franchise.  It really has nothing to do with guilds, per se. 

this was the case in the past, but with us now getting pvp with competitive balance across the entire guild hall, as well as world restructuring coming in vvw, the game is definitely making a shift to actually being about "guild wars", so at this point its a valid complaint, i think.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1