DH feels nice now

Balsa.3951

Agreed but It's still too slow and damage is hinged way too much on landing F1.  While other classes can gain modifiers through easier means, dh is required to land f1 for it to match up.  All the while it only affecting one player.

Solid example of this:  Vindicator gets a 25% dmg buff for just dodging AND it affects all enemies.  Compare this to land a very obviously animated skill on a single target to obtain similar values. 

Or another good example is Willbender:  To gain this 25% dmg buff, you must land strikes a total of 20 times to gain a similar benefit.(1 tempo at the start, 5 strikes for each additional tempo).  This can be quite difficult to upkeep compared to Vindicator for just dodging once.

Edited by Arken.3725
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

In PvE it is fine. Not the best dps output, but high burst and aoe.

SPvP is a completely different story. Even with the recent buffs, playing DH as melee is highly questionable. In addition, DH has no tools to generate resolution, so a radiance combo is out of the picture. This leaves media trapper. It is still DH best option but LB is a joke. Skills 2 and 5 100% CD increase compared to PvE. Skill 3, between cast time and no damage, is almost obsolete. It just… does not work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, otto.5684 said:

SPvP is a completely different story. Even with the recent buffs, playing DH as melee is highly questionable. In addition, DH has no tools to generate resolution, so a radiance combo is out of the picture. This leaves media trapper.

Media trapper, do you mean meditations? Is that a typo?

I've found the best way to generate resolution (and fury) has been in Zeal. Wrathful Spirit will give you all the resolution uptime you'll ever need. The only issue is lack of Stability/Stunbreaks. Fragment of Faith trap feels like a must, followed by Test of Faith. The third on the bar can be PoB or Judges.

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Media trapper, do you mean meditations? Is that a typo?

I've found the best way to generate resolution (and fury) has been in Zeal. Wrathful Spirit will give you all the resolution uptime you'll ever need. The only issue is lack of Stability/Stunbreaks. Fragment of Faith trap feels like a must, followed by Test of Faith. The third on the bar can be PoB or Judges.

Yes lol. Mediations. To be fair, I barely spvp anymore. But every time I do I feel disappointed.

Edited by otto.5684

On 12/23/2023 at 12:32 PM, otto.5684 said:

In PvE it is fine. Not the best dps output, but high burst and aoe.

SPvP is a completely different story. Even with the recent buffs, playing DH as melee is highly questionable. In addition, DH has no tools to generate resolution, so a radiance combo is out of the picture. This leaves media trapper. It is still DH best option but LB is a joke. Skills 2 and 5 100% CD increase compared to PvE. Skill 3, between cast time and no damage, is almost obsolete. It just… does not work. 

Bruh no way to generate resolution? There's plenty of ways to generate it. Maybe you worded your sentence wrong.

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I changed to LB/GS Marauder-Berserker DH when they started messing with FB and I love it so much! Almost everything I used to dislike about DH was "fixed", like the painfully long cooldown on LB #5, meh traits (they are slowly getting better!), and losing my extra movement speed when Wings of Resolve is on cooldown (they just changed the Soaring Devastation trait this week)! 😁 I'm just a casual open world player but my DH is my most versatile and fun character. Thank you, Anet! 👍 Now my only wish is either rework LB skill #3 or make it less clunky to use.

Imo DH is slighty too good and maybe need a slightly dmg Nerf ..... (I don't mean death Nerf!) Linda thing the dmg of true shot is still too high for being a range Skill. (There is a reason why you see like 2 DH's minimum each PvP Match right?). That beeing said its tha same with deadeye. Hard dmg on ranged skills should never realy exist at least not with a low cooldown xd. 

All this beeing said i just prefer this Meta over the Bladesworn/ Condi zerker Bunker meta in all ways^^ (warr Main talking btw). 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 2/1/2024 at 11:09 PM, Myror.7521 said:

Imo DH is slighty too good and maybe need a slightly dmg Nerf ..... (I don't mean death Nerf!) Linda thing the dmg of true shot is still too high for being a range Skill. (There is a reason why you see like 2 DH's minimum each PvP Match right?). That beeing said its tha same with deadeye. Hard dmg on ranged skills should never realy exist at least not with a low cooldown xd. 

All this beeing said i just prefer this Meta over the Bladesworn/ Condi zerker Bunker meta in all ways^^ (warr Main talking btw). 

Yeah. It's League of Guardians atm. You can easily enter in sPvP with 5 or 6 Guardians in both teams. DH being one of the strongest spec so far.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

On 2/1/2024 at 4:09 PM, Myror.7521 said:

Imo DH is slighty too good and maybe need a slightly dmg Nerf ..... (I don't mean death Nerf!) Linda thing the dmg of true shot is still too high for being a range Skill

I disagree for three reasons: Engi/Mesmer/Ranger/Harb/Thief

Anet nerfed the damage of these three classes, of which, could have demolished DH in 1v1. Some nerfs were warranted while other nerfs were a bit overboard, like Ranger's LB power damage, i feel that got too big of a nerf.

The specs that used to farm DH, simply don't now. The meta shifted and DH got the bigger stick.