Need a fix for the most unbalanced thing in sPVP.....

Stee Janz.8126

Engie (possible Ele) weapon swap in sPVP.   

I got burnt by this again today to where it almost made me lose my $#*!& , so I came straight to forums to complain.  I mean to request snarky replies from the rest of you degenerates lurking here to sway me with your vast knowledge of the game or feed the demons of depressions that will drive me back to my personal pit of despair.  

I have not played my second weapon set in the past week but for some reason when I join the PVP lobby it randomly selects it.  Not consistent, just randomly.  Didn't notice, joined a match.  Watched car video's until the game started, get to my first fight and realize I got the wrong weapon in my hand.    

The fact that I can't even swap out of combat back in the spawn after getting face planted .  I can't even drag the set out of the slot to the bag makes it even dumber.  (pretty sure I found that work in 2v2 season to switch to second set)

In sPVP, i think Engie's have a pretty solid list of complaints, like more build diversity, turrets, fix mortar #1, to name a few.   

Yeah, Anet fix Mortar 1.   0.8 second cast with barely more then melee radius (180) that has 20 % chance of projectile finisher.   ??? Blast finisher seems like a better fit.  I know, I know that means it would actually work with the other skills in the kit instead of maybe getting one project finisher out them.  

Any way back to the post.    Can anyone give one good reason why Engie's can't swap weapons out of combat like they can in other modes?   

Edited by Stee Janz.8126
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Ele weapon swap has probably happened to everyone. A safe option is to just have same weapons on swap but can be annoying if you do PVE between matches.

So Ele's have the same problem, now what about the "good reason" why Engie's and Ele's are the only one's to have to deal with this issue?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stee Janz.8126 said:

So Ele's have the same problem, now what about the "good reason" why Engie's and Ele's are the only one's to have to deal with this issue?

this is a nitpick but bladesworn also has to deal with this issue. i feel like its just a bad idea to use the  same character for both pve and pvp, because that's usually what leads to mistakes like this, and dedicating a character to pvp also lets you make more efficient use of your builds, boosts, and so on.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Stee Janz.8126 said:

I got burnt by this again today to where it almost made me lose my $#*!& , so I came straight to forums to complain.  I mean to request snarky replies from the rest of you degenerates lurking here to sway me with your vast knowledge of the game or feed the demons of depressions that will drive me back to my personal pit of despair.  

I have not played my second weapon set in the past week but for some reason when I join the PVP lobby it randomly selects it.  Not consistent, just randomly.  Didn't notice, joined a match.  Watched car video's until the game started, get to my first fight and realize I got the wrong weapon in my hand.    

The fact that I can't even swap out of combat back in the spawn after getting face planted .  I can't even drag the set out of the slot to the bag makes it even dumber.  (pretty sure I found that work in 2v2 season to switch to second set)

In sPVP, i think Engie's have a pretty solid list of complaints, like more build diversity, turrets, fix mortar #1, to name a few.   

Yeah, Anet fix Mortar 1.   0.8 second cast with barely more then melee radius (180) that has 20 % chance of projectile finisher.   ??? Blast finisher seems like a better fit.  I know, I know that means it would actually work with the other skills in the kit instead of maybe getting one project finisher out them.  

Any way back to the post.    Can anyone give one good reason why Engie's can't swap weapons out of combat like they can in other modes?   

switch the places of those weapon sets in equipment so it's the right one if you enter pvp.

On rev I have from times if switching equipment templates, sigils mixing from my 2 template equipment builds 😂😅

• Like 1

I appreciate all the replies and suggestions but have still yet to hear  a good reason why it even exists.    So many little oversites that completely mess up the players makes it appear that has really poor direction when it comes to quality of life.   A couple other examples, making the attack my target a different skill (F1 on most but F6 on Untamed and Engie), or the fact that you can't shut off shift +skill.    Of course you can say don't be a clicker or change your key binds but these are small things that can actually make you a worse player in the game.    I am a 1/2 clicker and I am left handed so the shift button is a must, especially if you use it to double up keys.    So I can't tell you how many times in a fight, I am announcing my skill in chat or starting chat with skill.  ends the fight right there.  The fact that I can't turn that off is kitten to be honest.  The interface should never make me a worse player.     Doesn't matter if I am clicker.   

Now granted I would prefer new content over these fixes but the lack of care is disappointing.

Edited by Stee Janz.8126

On 12/16/2023 at 8:52 PM, Stee Janz.8126 said:

That happened to every ele.  Thats why most eles just equip one weaponset.

All of this is a thing, because you could get buffs from Weaponset A, and then swap to Weaponset B for the actual fight.    

Prime example would be stonebarrier.         Swap to sceptre -> 2 -> swap to other weapon again.     for some free 300 toughness in the next fight. 

Could also use Staff to support the midfight in a pinch....        Giving eles the ability to weaponswap would simply make the too strong.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 6:34 PM, Stee Janz.8126 said:

I've been there too, the last thing you want on a P/P condi build is to accidentally have your Hammer equipped from playing  PvE power mech earlier.

I can't say it's the reason, but one argument is that being able to swap weapons, even if only out of combat, does change the tactical options available to you in a game mode where builds are otherwise locked once the match starts. Engineer is designed to be a single weapon class due to the flexibility offered by kits, and similarly elementalist by their elements. If you were to run with hammer normally but want to make a tactical decision to switch to rifle mid match, by design you're not supposed to be able to. This isn't  the case in other game modes because everyone can change their whole build as much as they like outside of combat. The weapon swapping on Engineer and Elementalist is more of a convenience factor in these game modes.

One nice benefit that I like to make use of on engineer and elementalist is to run two of the same set in PvE and WvW. I put an on-kill stat boost like sigil of bloodlust on my second set and then swap to my main set once the stacks are maxed. Since this doesn't matter in PvP, it would be more beneficial to run an alternative weapon set if swapping out of combat were to be permitted. Something that isn't meant to be in the design philosophy of the professions.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...