Did they ever fix chrono issues in SPVP?

Axl.8924

Heard chrono wasn't that great in SPVP and i'm wondering because i know after everyone complained about chronos and mesmers and mirage they got hit quite hard with the nerf bat.I am concerned since we all know how Arenanet works:Hit with nerf hammer into the ground we say.

20 minutes ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

I don't know anything about sPvP but the chrono strikes me as being too slow. I imagine sPvP is very fast and very mobile, and things like wells aren't going to do well in that kind of enviroment.

The opposite it true for Gravity Well. It is probably one of the best most reliable CCs in game since it hits multiple people and even stun breaking it doesn't help since it pulses CC. You can even cast it twice in a row if you use Continuum Split.

The real weakness of Chronomancer is AoE or miscellaneous damage. They can burst or sustain with clones but if you apply to much pressure and delay/wipe their clones out they are left with nothing but light armor for defence.

I mean I'm playing at Gold 3 so I only see the cream of crop. 

• Confused 1

My issue with chrono and virt in pvp is loss of jaunt. Relying on blink for mobility is far from enough in conquest pvp. Literally every class has more mobility than those two specs. Sword ambush gives good mobility but again....mirage only. Every guard can use tele and weapon skills to catch u if u try to disengage from them, ranger, ele, thieves, revs and even reapers/harbs have more mobility with wurm, shroud skills and soon to be sword. Mesmer, chrono and virt need some mobility added to thier kits. Maybe rework one utility on each to provide such would be feasible as to not give mirage more mobility via adding to weapons. In pvp or wvw on virt or chrono I actually feel less mobile than I do on reaper and given what archetype mesmer is that's very strange.

Edited by Psycoprophet.8107

7 hours ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

My issue with chrono and virt in pvp is loss of jaunt. Relying on blink for mobility is far from enough in conquest pvp. Literally every class has more mobility than those two specs. Sword ambush gives good mobility but again....mirage only. Every guard can use tele and weapon skills to catch u if u try to disengage from them, ranger, ele, thieves, revs and even reapers/harbs have more mobility with wurm, shroud skills and soon to be sword. Mesmer, chrono and virt need some mobility added to thier kits. Maybe rework one utility on each to provide such would be feasible as to not give mirage more mobility via adding to weapons. In pvp or wvw on virt or chrono I actually feel less mobile than I do on reaper and given what archetype mesmer is that's very strange.

Mobility is not as strong as it used to be in this current meta due to rise in Burst builds. It far more advantages to survive someones burst than flee with mobility skills or plus one a side node. 

Mesmer in general is very strong in this Meta due to number of invulnerabilities it has access to. Simply overwhelming someone clones can not be understated since it does take the steam out of any burst combo as they try try deal with the clones.

The days are gone where spamming necro minions or mass AoE. It's all about how quickly you can kill someone with Soulbeast or Dragon Hunter traps. Mesmer does very well at counter this playstyle. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

I still wish they would add a elite around dealing aes and dealing good with trash mobs.The phantoms are usually terrible for dealing with adds and better at single targets.Maybe i'm just bad at mesmer which is 100% likely, i still do like the idea of mesmers.

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

I still wish they would add a elite around dealing aes and dealing good with trash mobs.The phantoms are usually terrible for dealing with adds and better at single targets.Maybe i'm just bad at mesmer which is 100% likely, i still do like the idea of mesmers.

Not many classes have amazing AoE. You could either go Necromancer or Revenant from the top of my head. 

Most of your aoe on Mesmer comes from shattering with the trait Maim the Disillusioned. Chronomancer Wells also work great two but you tend to sacrifice shattering or phantasms for it.