Random enchanted music box drop

So recently i was in divinity's reach doing 1-10 story for my weekly key and while in the way i picked my first Gixx present. I am not bothering with festival achievements so i haven't farmed any gifts and when i opened the present it gave me an enchanted music box lol.

Now i am not sure what to do with it, as i see price of it has recently tanked in the past couple weeks from like 6k to just under 1k. Did anet increase the drop chance or what or is it only temporary due to so many gifts being opened right now?

Any idea if the price will improve after wintersday is done or will it remain permanently under 1k. I don't really care for infusions so i am probably gonna sell it and complete my 32 bag set on my main character.

The price might or might not go back up. After all, this item has been in every festival bag since this year's Four Winds.

The drop rate hasn't increased, but maybe more people have time to play during the winter holiday season (especially when it's icy cold outside), and perhaps new players got the game for an early Christmas present?

I just wish I had waited a little longer instead of buying it for 2.3k. πŸ˜†

5 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The price might or might not go back up. After all, this item has been in every festival bag since this year's Four Winds.

The drop rate hasn't increased, but maybe more people have time to play during the winter holiday season (especially when it's icy cold outside), and perhaps new players got the game for an early Christmas present?

I just wish I had waited a little longer instead of buying it for 2.3k. πŸ˜†

Did you buy mine 😳

• Haha 2

Yeah i think i will keep it in my bank for at least after wintersday is over. At worst the price will tank further downwards at which point i will just use it on one of my characters or it may go up couple grand if the drop rate hasn't been changed. I was looking at gw2tp that this infusion was like 8-10 supply MAX until wintersday and now suddenly its 72. I do believe drop rate must have increased or at the very least it has much higher chance to drop from wintersday gifts then halloween bags

It's in the wintersday gifts for the first time and for such rare items it's hard to test the actual droprate, so it might or might not drop more frequent from the gift compared to ToT-bags and Zephyrite Boxes.

Also it was reported that it can directly drop from the Bell Choir, so maybe this is also a large (in relation to the rarity) source?

1 minute ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

It's in the wintersday gifts for the first time and for such rare items it's hard to test the actual droprate, so it might or might not drop more frequent from the gift compared to ToT-bags and Zephyrite Boxes.

Also it was reported that it can directly drop from the Bell Choir, so maybe this is also a large (in relation to the rarity) source?

This is interestingΒ 

Yeah this is definitely dropping more in wintersday. According to gw2tp this item has exactly 0 supply on TP from July to October 16. During halloween itΒ  maxed to 13 in supply on TP and then slowly fell down to 5 supply until December 11. As soon as wintersday started in 2 days from December 11 to December 13th it went from 5 to 27 in supply and its climbing ever since to current supply of 73.

Guess anet figured it's drop rate was exceedingly rare and hence they definitely tuned it for wintersday which explains my totally out of blue drop.

Edited by Pridedemon.3041
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I haven't followed the topic after I saw the first post about it and I didn't checked, if there was a proof, but it was also added in the wiki.

It's added to the wiki because it ISΒ a possible drop from the Bell Choir - I got mine exactly that way.

Edited by Gyurgyalag.9371
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 3:12 AM, Pridedemon.3041 said:

Yeah this is definitely dropping more in wintersday. According to gw2tp this item has exactly 0 supply on TP from July to October 16. During halloween itΒ  maxed to 13 in supply on TP and then slowly fell down to 5 supply until December 11. As soon as wintersday started in 2 days from December 11 to December 13th it went from 5 to 27 in supply and its climbing ever since to current supply of 73.

Guess anet figured it's drop rate was exceedingly rare and hence they definitely tuned it for wintersday which explains my totally out of blue drop.

Anet lowkey gaffed players who purchased this anytime before Wintersday. On other occasions when new infusions are introduced at least the drop rate remains stable, whereas here they just kept throwing it into new festival loot, inevitably tanking an item many players spent a lot more gold on.

• Haha 1