tempest build.

hackedraptor.3210

4 hours ago, hackedraptor.3210 said:

for tempest with dagger/warhorn, I'm wondering if I should go power or condi or just celestial? It seems like a good celestial class because of all the different things it does...

The answer depends on what you're doing.  Dagger/warhorn isn't meta for anything, so I assume we're talking about open world/story content.  In which case celestial or trailblazer condi builds are generally a better option, especially if you're playing mostly solo as opposed to running in squads.  In solo play you'll deal better damage while also having much better sustain.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Depends a bit on what you want. I like Celestial for most purposes because it combines everything including DPS, nice self healing and decent survivability. But for difficult group content like strike missions and raids players will ask you to choose for either pure DPS tempest with power/condi stats or be the healer with a healing build.

• Thanks 1

On 12/21/2023 at 6:47 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

The answer depends on what you're doing.  Dagger/warhorn isn't meta for anything, so I assume we're talking about open world/story content.  In which case celestial or trailblazer condi builds are generally a better option, especially if you're playing mostly solo as opposed to running in squads.  In solo play you'll deal better damage while also having much better sustain.

Isn't dagger/warhorn meta for heal tempest?

You won't be a great dps with that weapon combo. If you run cele gear, it's very comfortable for open world (enough damage to kill stuff + high durability and sustain) and can work as a heal build for most instanced content (with proper runes/sigils and traitlines). You could also do a alac condi dps, though for that you should use scepter/warhorn instead with mostly Viper's gear + some cele pieces for boon duration.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Isn't dagger/warhorn meta for heal tempest?

You won't be a great dps with that weapon combo. If you run cele gear, it's very comfortable for open world (enough damage to kill stuff + high durability and sustain) and can work as a heal build for most instanced content (with proper runes/sigils and traitlines). You could also do a alac condi dps, though for that you should use scepter/warhorn instead with mostly Viper's gear + some cele pieces for boon duration.

Oh maybe you're right.  Just never see any heal tempests.

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2023 at 1:47 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Dagger warhorn is meta for condi alac tempest and heal tempest.

• Like 1