Renegade Bold Reversal Trait - Gain 3 seconds resistance when you use a heal skill...what kinda trash bs is this?

Eddie.9143

If we go that way, at least 4 trait changes in the November 28 patch are not good. For me, 3 are no longer interesting.
Contained Temper: This trait has been reworked. Gain energy when you break out of stun.
Heartpiercer: This trait no longer causes short bow skills to pierce.
Song of Arboreum: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld grants more energy and also grants its energy and vigor to nearby allies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

If we go that way, at least 4 trait changes in the November 28 patch are not good. For me, 3 are no longer interesting.
Contained Temper: This trait has been reworked. Gain energy when you break out of stun.
Song of Arboreum: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld grants more energy and also grants its energy and vigor to nearby allies.

After some testing and playing, my opinion is that Contained Temper would actually be good if it: 

1. Restored more Energy in all modes (5 in competitive is literally a reverse bandaid for the heavy handed cost increase of RS in competitive.)

2. Actually took the place of a Major and not forced on the player as a Minor. I'd freaking take Spirit Boon as a Minor since it's universally JUST GOOD but rarely taken unless you need more Regen via Ventari or Vigor via Alliance or something 

Heartpiercer really should just be changed to deal more Critical Damage to Bleeding targets. It helps Shortbow the most but hey if we can Bleed the target somehow (allies, Sigil of Earth/Geo) it's useful too! 

I'm not going into Song discussion. Current Reaver should have been made baseline to encourage Energy Meld mashing and the 3 Master Adepts should have more kick to them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

Bow now pierces for all revenants, it was removed from the trait cause bow now does it w/O  needing of the trait, applying % more damage to bleeding targets could be interesting tho like Yasai.3549 posted, I would do it based on Kala fervour mechanic.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

10 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

Bow now pierces for all revenants, it was removed from the trait cause bow now does it w/O  needing of the trait, applying % more damage to bleeding targets could be interesting tho like Yasai.3549 posted, I would do it based on Kala fervour mechanic.

I agree that it's still useful, it's just Anet's way of doing things that worries me.

12 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

After some testing and playing, my opinion is that Contained Temper would actually be good if it: 

1. Restored more Energy in all modes (5 in competitive is literally a reverse bandaid for the heavy handed cost increase of RS in competitive.)

2. Actually took the place of a Major and not forced on the player as a Minor. I'd freaking take Spirit Boon as a Minor since it's universally JUST GOOD but rarely taken unless you need more Regen via Ventari or Vigor via Alliance or something 

Heartpiercer really should just be changed to deal more Critical Damage to Bleeding targets. It helps Shortbow the most but hey if we can Bleed the target somehow (allies, Sigil of Earth/Geo) it's useful too! 

I'm not going into Song discussion. Current Reaver should have been made baseline to encourage Energy Meld mashing and the 3 Master Adepts should have more kick to them. 

I was just comparing utility before and after, I agree that 5 energy is a band-aid on an open wound.

I was talking about my feelings at the time.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Like 2