Can you dodge through giant snowballs in the Wintersday JP?

Farohna.6247

1 hour ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Odd question maybe, but I watched a player dodge through the giant snowballs at the end of the jumping puzzle.  I tried it with no success.  I may simply not be that coordinated lol.  Is it possible, anyone tried?  

I seen people glitch through them other then that you can corner jump them tho.

• Like 1

You can dodge through them, but nailing down the timing is really hard. Also, there are snowball aoes that Skrit throw that can overlap with the snowball at certain locations making dodging through a gamble as you can be hit by an aoe right after a successful dodge. So, imo save yourself the trouble and just avoid them.

• Like 2

As previous post says, you can but you take a risk. I have tried to do it and succeeded a few times, but I end up getting more frustrated than just waiting. I've also found that on some edges you can run around the snow balls but that's also risky as when I try to do it constantly I fail more often than not 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wild.1705 said:

Also, there are snowball aoes that Skrit throw that can overlap with the snowball at certain locations making dodging through a gamble as you can be hit by an aoe right after a successful dodge.

The biggest problem with those AoEs is that their timing differs from instance to instance. Too inconsistent to learn to dodge the snowballs properly, hence my assumption that most people you encounter doing that are not playing the activity in a legit way.

• Confused 3

23 hours ago, Wild.1705 said:

You can dodge through them, but nailing down the timing is really hard. Also, there are snowball aoes that Skrit throw that can overlap with the snowball at certain locations making dodging through a gamble as you can be hit by an aoe right after a successful dodge. So, imo save yourself the trouble and just avoid them.

21 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

As previous post says, you can but you take a risk. I have tried to do it and succeeded a few times, but I end up getting more frustrated than just waiting. I've also found that on some edges you can run around the snow balls but that's also risky as when I try to do it constantly I fail more often than not 😂

Lol I am definitely not skilled enough to get my timing right.  I'm sure some players were amused to watch the bouncing charr rolled over by a huge snowball as I fell off the edge.  I just do it the normal way, but I was intrigued if it was legit or sketchy.  So it's possible but for those with faster fingers than I.  

Thanks for everyone's responses.  

• Like 1