Insane WvW EBG queues

SpaceMarine.1836

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Not even close to insane, we've seen like 170+.

Anet had brilliant idea of linking two servers that should have never been linked.

We had 70+ que in Obsidian sanctum, try beating that dawdler. 

////////////

Anyway... welcome to WvW OP, u might hate it now, but u gonna play it until u start loving it... 

I can tell u are new to wvw because we was linked with ag just few weeks ago, and que's was huge in ebg then too, u just got proper sized link now not the dead fight server that got its population skewed by ROS bandwagoners month before. 

It might be scary but issa oke, its part and parcel, just click on that borderland teleporter and there be end to pain. 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Can't you just admit there's clearly something wrong in the relatively quality of WvW maps design when one specific map has dozens of players in a queue while others are empty, and even when there's way more players than available server slots, even then, the queue for that map is double?

https://i.imgur.com/p2qhv3O.png

It's clearly not a matter of individual's opinion, otherwise the queues would fluctuate randomly between different maps. The playerbase, as a whole, has decided. What's the problem here is that the developer doesn't respect this collective decision even years later. Other popular PVP game developers usually either redesign, or remove maps which clearly underperform.

All of the maps will fill up depending on where the emergent action looks like it will give more than a few minutes of large scale and team combat. Maybe it's server to server but I've been sitting in EBG a lot these last couple of matchups trying to get into home bl, only to hear guilds there once I get in asking people to bounce so they can get more of their people in. 

EBG is at the top of the map list and is noticeably unique on the full map showing the maps together. It's going to fill up by default if the other maps aren't hot. It's the best map when SMC gets a few holes in it on the two opposing sides or on weekends when those Keep to SM lanes have a good back and forth. It's not a great map when it's not hot and you don't hold SMC unless you have hours to roam carefully. 

I agree that there are design elements of EBG that promote large groups clashing more so than the other maps and that should be taken into consideration if the maps ever get worked on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

All of the maps will fill up depending on where the emergent action looks like it will give more than a few minutes of large scale and team combat. Maybe it's server to server but I've been sitting in EBG a lot these last couple of matchups trying to get into home bl, only to hear guilds there once I get in asking people to bounce so they can get more of their people in. 

EBG is at the top of the map list and is noticeably unique on the full map showing the maps together. It's going to fill up by default if the other maps aren't hot. It's the best map when SMC gets a few holes in it on the two opposing sides or on weekends when those Keep to SM lanes have a good back and forth. It's not a great map when it's not hot and you don't hold SMC unless you have hours to roam carefully. 

I agree that there are design elements of EBG that promote large groups clashing more so than the other maps and that should be taken into consideration if the maps ever get worked on.

EBG is almost always impossible to get into for groups that do wvw as primary game mode: organized squads, guild raids etc, as most of them is happening during prime time, they cant all fit in ebg, all servers asides some extreme cases have que's there during prime time, how big it is depends by population and seasonality lol. 

Design is good imo, there is 2 alpines where guilds and voice squads clash, there is red bg where.... well its weird map. 

ebg is way more compressed, around the central objective, pugs and pve players coming for gifts of battle are attracted to it, have obsession over it, its way easier for them to fight content in such map design,. as u just need to go forward and u find it no matter the time of a day. 

gankers, small scallers also like it, because its way easier to farm and find clouds of disorganized people there. 

Thats who que for ebg during prime hours when que's become a thing, outside of prime hours, most of day, its already hard to find content, making alternatives for ebg would split population even more making content to find even harder, which basically turns game into wandering simulator and ppt harvest. 

People complaining about design and suggesting changes doesnt really understand what they asking, or what consequences it would have to wvw. 

I would agree about creating instanced ebg during prime time, so it would work like EOM or PvE maps... but population between servers matched are too unequal right now and it just would end up with one server wandering in empty ebg instance while waiting in que for main instance :D Pve Meta train taxi stuff basically. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I didn't realise this was a thread about cars.

Anyway, I'd rather Anet could find a better way to appeal to the type of player who prefers the borders than pander to the type who prefers ebg.

I have my share of fun on ebg, believe me, but the idea that 'moar ebg is the solution the community wants' is wrong and does not represent the community of which I am a part.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1