Clint can't connect to the server !!

Hi, I need help with this issue ,  the Clint can't connect to the server  ,  the error code are 42 & sometimes 58 ,  I check the in the GW2 support website that these issues are most common and the reason for this issues are from the firewall settings  ,   although the GW2 app is allowed to access the network in the firewall settings ,   the clint error and firewall setting screenshot  are attached  ,   any suggestion on how to fix this issue ?

https://ibb.co/NWPQLdS
https://ibb.co/G3Fp3Z3

Edited by Baby Goth.4983

29 minutes ago, Baby Goth.4983 said:

Hi, I need help with this issue ,  the Clint can't connect to the server  ,  the error code are 42 & sometimes 58 ,  I check the in the GW2 support website that these issues are most common and the reason for this issues are from the firewall settings  ,   although the GW2 app is allowed to access the network in the firewall settings ,   the clint error and firewall setting screenshot  are attached  ,   any suggestion on how to fix this issue ?

https://ibb.co/NWPQLdS
https://ibb.co/G3Fp3Z3

From the Knowledge Base:

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015860488

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015863508

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Making fun of someone’s spelling mistakes is really cheap. Who not help him instead of making fun of him? 

They were already helped?

Also, we all make spelling mistakes -- this one was particularly cute, though. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

They were already helped?

Also, we all make spelling mistakes -- this one was particularly cute, though. 🙂

And we certainly all want a bully to come as soon as we make a mistake that makes fun of us. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wow. You are overly sensitive.

What I did wasn't bullying in my book, but apparently in yours.

For the bully it’s never bullying 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, vares.8457 said:

For the bully it’s never bullying

I don't see any of you race to the rescue when someone posts valuable advice or helps someone with a technical issue and receives the confused emoji as a thank-you. That's bullying.

No problem, two more for my blocklist. Reasons: no sense of humor and always posting from their high horse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Making fun of someone’s spelling mistakes is really cheap. Who not help him instead of making fun of him? 

Making light of the amusing word play of the mistake is not the same as directly ridiculing the person making it, or their spelling ability in general. If anything the joke was a more light hearted way of pointing out said mistake than just simply stating that they made a spelling mistake.

And in anticipation of the expected "you didn't have to point it out at all", no they didn't, but as there is clearly no malice here there is no reason not to either. Most rational people aren't averse to criticism and being corrected, I for one appreciate friendly guidance and would have found this joke perfectly appropriate given the context.

38 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Wow. You are overly sensitive.

What I did wasn't bullying in my book, but apparently in yours.

What you said is not bullying in any book, period.

@vares.8457 and @yoni.7015 a kind word of advice, maybe try approaching written communications as if they are made with good intentions first, you might find yourself less frequently offended, particularly on behalf of others. I mean this sincerely, as a third party your reaction to what @Ashantara.8731 said, and particularly what you went on to say about it being bullying, looks grossly out of proportion.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Making light of the amusing word play of the mistake is not the same as directly ridiculing the person making it, or their spelling ability in general. If anything the joke was a more light hearted way of pointing out said mistake than just simply stating that they made a spelling mistake.

And in anticipation of the expected "you didn't have to point it out at all", no they didn't, but as there is clearly no malice here there is no reason not to either. Most rational people aren't averse to criticism and being corrected, I for one appreciate friendly guidance and would have found this joke perfectly appropriate given the context.

What you said is not bullying in any book, period.

@vares.8457 and @yoni.7015 a kind word of advice, maybe try approaching written communications as if they are made with good intentions first, you might find yourself less frequently offended, particularly on behalf of others. I mean this sincerely, as a third party your reaction to what @Ashantara.8731 said, and particularly what you went on to say about it being bullying, looks grossly out of proportion.

Maybe you are not familiar with Ashantara but she has a long history of making fun of others here, especially if they are making spelling mistakes. 
Is this huge deal? No. But it is still not a nice way to communicate with others. Especially if you are not a native speaker it’s just unnecessary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

Maybe you are not familiar with Ashantara but she has a long history of making fun of others here, especially if they are making spelling mistakes. 
Is this huge deal? No. But it is still not a nice way to communicate with others. Especially if you are not a native speaker it’s just unnecessary. 

Irrespective of past transgressions, this particular instance does not read as being in any way malicious. Saying "you made a spelling mistake" is not the same as saying "you are bat at spelling". Hence my observation as a third party, your reaction does look way overboard for what was said. In fact I thought of exactly the same joke when I saw the topic.

I understand that there are non-native English speakers but those that I know are more than happy to be corrected, as that is how you learn. As someone learning a second language myself, I certainly appreciate it, and if we can laugh about it while doing so, all the better.

Granted in this particular case I would guess that the OP isn't a native speaker just from the grammar and that the mistake was repeated. Hopefully if they come back and see the ruckus that their post led to, they will find it highly amusing and also learn how to correctly spell "client", everyone is a winner. Except maybe us, arguing with strangers on the internet.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, yoni.7015 said:

And we certainly all want a bully to come as soon as we make a mistake that makes fun of us. 

Next time use the report function and move on. You made this thread about your issue instead of the OP's issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2