Questions regarding Reaper

weewoo.6573

Reaper is basically the only class I've learned to play and can be consistent on if I understand mechanics of the fight, but I've not tried raids or strikes yet.

Is it worth sticking to Reaper or should I switch class for power dps, or switch to Harb? (for raids and strikes)

1 hour ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Reaper is fine.  However, if you're going to take up raiding, it pays to diversify.  You'll find yourself needing to switch professions or builds to fulfill a role from an absent teammate quite often.  

This is good advice.

@TC, power Reaper is fine and a good power dps (lacks range but you could replace the not greatsword set for staff if need be).

If you want to stick with necro, I'd suggest:

- get a condi scourge ready for condi fights

- get a quick harbinger ready for offensive boon support

- get an alac heal scourge ready for defesive boon support

Having all that should put you in a great spot for instanced content.

Otherwise: what BRD said. 

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One more question. I think my rotation is getting pretty good and I'm only maybe like 1 second behind when you stack all the time I lose making sure abilities cast, but my peak damage is 35k. Does food and enhancement really boost the dps by 7k? That seems insane, so I'm just checking.

On 1/8/2024 at 7:21 AM, Cyninja.2954 said:

This is good advice.

@TC, power Reaper is fine and a good power dps (lacks range but you could replace the not greatsword set for staff if need be).

If you want to stick with necro, I'd suggest:

- get a condi scourge ready for condi fights

- get a quick harbinger ready for offensive boon support

- get an alac heal scourge ready for defesive boon support

Having all that should put you in a great spot for instanced content.

Otherwise: what BRD said. 

3 hours ago, weewoo.6573 said:

One more question. I think my rotation is getting pretty good and I'm only maybe like 1 second behind when you stack all the time I lose making sure abilities cast, but my peak damage is 35k. Does food and enhancement really boost the dps by 7k? That seems insane, so I'm just checking.

Food and enhancements usually account for 2k dps iirc. I'm unsure what you mean by "my peak damage is 35k". Do you mean you reach 35k dps without food+enhancements on the testgolem or do you mean that's your dmg spikes every now and then but your average dps is lower? If it's the first, then don't worry, you're more than good to go for everything the game throws at you (unless you intend to join some hardcore speedrun groups, then practice harder lol).

Else I can only second what @Cyninja.2954 wrote, first focus getting condi scourge ready so you're prepared to at least fullfill the dps role sufficiently on every encounter.

On 1/12/2024 at 3:30 PM, Nash.2681 said:

Food and enhancements usually account for 2k dps iirc. I'm unsure what you mean by "my peak damage is 35k". Do you mean you reach 35k dps without food+enhancements on the testgolem or do you mean that's your dmg spikes every now and then but your average dps is lower? If it's the first, then don't worry, you're more than good to go for everything the game throws at you (unless you intend to join some hardcore speedrun groups, then practice harder lol).

Else I can only second what @Cyninja.2954 wrote, first focus getting condi scourge ready so you're prepared to at least fullfill the dps role sufficiently on every encounter.

Yeah, without food and enhancements on testgolem i get around 35K at most. I will work to get proper gear for my scourge. Thanks for advice!

12 hours ago, weewoo.6573 said:

Yeah, without food and enhancements on testgolem i get around 35K at most. I will work to get proper gear for my scourge. Thanks for advice!

Golem number are achieved through exploiting every little design flaw of the game. Reaching 35k is already plenty good enough. (It probably just mean that you don't use "stow" in your rotation in order to cancel annoyingly long after cast)

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

use "stow" in your rotation in order to cancel annoyingly long after cast

I know that „trick“ and i always ask myself, does some sane and „normal person“ (e.g. not sweaty tryhards) really do that frequently when they play the game?

1 minute ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I know that „trick“ and i always ask myself, does some sane and „normal person“ (e.g. not sweaty tryhards) really do that frequently when they play the game?

That's why I'm saying "golem numbers". And, well, maybe there are some that do it. Personally I won't even try.

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

That's why I'm saying "golem numbers". And, well, maybe there are some that do it. Personally I won't even try.

Me neither. I mean those golem numbers are okay for 2 reasons

1) know what hypothetically could be done

2) comparability 

realistically, you never gonna reach that in a fight that isn’t a golem. (Except in AoE)

but it has it’s uses especially because of point 2 but one should always take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Edited by CafPow.1542