"There are few players remaining on this map"

On 1/12/2024 at 10:05 PM, Buzzbugs.1236 said:

Yes, really. I do think most players these days see extra loading screens as antiquidated. Look at any review for The Sims 4, or more recently Starfield. Expectations from gamers is changing. GW2 is coming up to 12 years old now and these extra load screens go a long way in showing it's age. You already need to go through a loading screen between each and every map. To have extra loading screens on top of that is just going to turn off some new players.

Nobody likes loading screens, NOBODY. I can make that statement with confidence. And so the less we as players are interrupted by loading screens, the better.

There is a pretty significant difference between, "most," and all.

Personally I do not normally like loading screens in games, but neither do I generally dislike them. I have liked some loading screens when the developers used the screen in an entertaining and/or useful manner, but even then the joke or pro-tip gets repetitive and loses the positive effect over time. Even then I tend to have a neutral view of them.

• Like 2

Explored Seitung today and I got this map change pop-pop 3 or 4 times.

When I explored the meta started and I took part in it.

What can you do when ppl leave the map after the meta for metas on other maps? Nothing but close the instance :s There's still an hour time. And you can minimize  the popup. I only switched the map every time I got the popup in case of events, I wanted other ppl to take part in them and almost empty maps may not give me that.

Hilarious is when it comes before a meta and you're in a rather full squad.

Edited by Lucy.3728