WvV reconstruction (or alliance ) is the worst idea to come up since Gwen broke her flute.

6 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

Quiet is aimed at all the guys who come here on the forum rarely, after a beta, to better understand how the new WR mechanic should work, with all their perplexities, which they will get as an answer that ''they are not taken seriously''. So they should not be discouraged, and demand all the answers they need. or constructively express all their opinions.

Someone who seeks to better understand asks questions. No such thing happened here.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Guilds are tiny fraction of the size of Worlds. So yes, you are losing choice to whom you play with. And, it's a fallacy to believe WvW players only play with their guilds.

Guilds are also controlled by an individual, which places player under their control.

So yes, a player is certainly losing freedom and agency in the process. Worse, for those of us that are 5 of 5 on Guilds, we lose out on even having a choice without a loss of something else.

This is a bad system and was flawed from the start however many years ago it's been now.

It's a fallacy to believe everyone on your server wants to play with you.

20 hours ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:
20 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Because the solution given to the loss of Worlds was to simply form a Guild. That solution gives power to a guild leader to control others.

"Server police" doesn't stop a person from playing on a world. They have no actual power over anyone.
"Discord Dictators" is not a thing as Discord is not required to play WvW at all.

Anet needs to consider this removal of a paying customers agency should not be supported. They should not be "placed" by an employee or another customer.

@Mabi black.1824 Here's the original post.

None of what is written here is a loss of being able to play WvW. Don't like a guild? Doesn't matter. You don't have to be in it to play WvW.

Ironic to talk about loss of player agency when you can't pick and choose the players on servers nor on WR teams as if they are somehow different.

Edited by Chaba.5410

8 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

You don't have control over groups

Exactly!!! No one player should have control over another. We all paying customers and should have equal rights and autonomy.
Guild leads want control over who's on the World and that is a bad thing!

In the real world we'd call that authoritarianism.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Where do you get the idea that guild leads pick who is on a WR team?

I didn't choose to have an account placed on First Haven. I only chose to have it placed on the same team as the players I play with.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Exactly!!! No one player should have control over another. We all paying customers and should have equal rights and autonomy.

Guild leads can't control who's on the world or team no more than they can decide who's on a server. They can only control who's in the guild. So nothing changes there.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Not to mention the server, or any guild leads for that matter, can't decide who they are going to be linked to.
Could be the server with people you're not getting along with, have an actual fight with out in the open, that has been a part of a drama going on for years or just some people you're really, really tired of, and so far you've been stuck with them for eight weeks unless someone flips out the gems to move.

As I've already written on this forum, when you do an exploratory survey here, you're still intercepting if you're lucky 5% of 1 server. while out there we are 24+27 servers. So it would be good for the development to use functional logic when making its decisions anyway. The reasoning here is to switch from a ''forever'' server-based competitive game mode versus a 30-day temporary server-based game mode. Logic should tell you that it's best to find a compromise in the middle. to better understand the response of your community of players as a whole. what you need to add or what you need to take away along the way. etc etc.

Guilds remain the same as they always are. You find them on servers alongside everyone else.

I wonder if the really large guilds like ViP ever tried to move all 500 of one of their branches to a single server. Someone earlier suggested they've got 500 on Skrittsburgh.

Edited by Chaba.5410

4 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Guilds remain the same as they always are. You find them on servers alongside everyone else.

I wonder if the really large guilds like ViP ever tried to move all 500 of one of their branches to a single server. Someone earlier suggested they've got 500 on Skrittsburgh.

If they're that big, it's a PvX guild if not a PvE guild and no wonder a team is dead if there's 500 of them.

4 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

If they're that big, it's a PvX guild if not a PvE guild and no wonder a team is dead if there's 500 of them.

As I understand it, they are bigger than the 500 cap even so they operate multiple guilds with that same tag. They usually have 40 or so in WvW regularly, but with the WR method, more of their members who don't play often might have set it for WvW and they need to go onto a single team, right?

Edited by Chaba.5410

6 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Here, we'll use this as the example as I was placed on Skrittsburgh with no one else from JQ that I know. It's been a poor experience for me and I did not enjoy being in their comms at all.

So, instead of playing right now on my World, I'm out of the game for the duration of this Beta. Or, if I had the FREEDOM to choose, I'd already have transferred out of this kitten show. Oh and I should be able to WvW immediately after transferring, not forced to wait the week out.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

As I understand it, they are bigger than the 500 cap even so they operate multiple guilds with that same tag. They usually have 40 or so in WvW regularly, but with the WR method, more of their members who don't play often might have set it for WvW and they need to go onto a single team, right?

They might not count for the population if they're not active WvW'ers. Then again that was probably one of the problems with alliances, where there was talks about guilds not necessarily have slots for everyone in a guild in an alliance feature when large guilds like that, usually not strictly WvW oriented.

1 minute ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Here, we'll use this as the example as I was placed on Skrittsburgh with no one else from JQ that I know. It's been a poor experience for me and I did not enjoy being in their comms at all.

So, instead of playing right now on my World, I'm out of the game for the duration of this Beta. Or, if I had the FREEDOM to choose, I'd already have transferred out of this kitten show. Oh and I should be able to WvW immediately after transferring, not forced to wait the week out.

Then you should have done an effort to join a JQ alliance/community guild or other JQ guild, or maybe even made one yourself. If you don't have guild slots, it is your decision that the guilds taking those slots are more important to you than playing with JQ people in WvW. Did you try WvW several times to see if perhaps there was different kind of content at different times before you decided to focus your energy into something that won't do a thing? (Like raging in forums.) Usually there's even different content in weekends and mid-week.

There will also be new teams two weeks into beta, before the last week, if I got it right, so you might have better luck next time.

8 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

They might not count for the population if they're not active WvW'ers. Then again that was probably one of the problems with alliances, where there was talks about guilds not necessarily have slots for everyone in a guild in an alliance feature when large guilds like that, usually not strictly WvW oriented.

If they are inactive, the system doesn't have any data to place them so they can pick a team. But if they set their guild, they have to be placed so they can play with their guild, is my understanding. Otherwise it's a big hole in the process where picking a team after the fact may not be possible if the team becomes full. How would they get to play with their guild then?

It isn't clear how they get placed if they don't have WvW data. My wild guess is some default average is used to fake it. There has been nothing written by Anet that would provide a better guess.

Edited by Chaba.5410

21 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

If you don't have guild slots, it is your decision that the guilds taking those slots are more important to you than playing with JQ people in WvW

21 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

Then you should have done an effort to join a JQ alliance/community guild or other JQ guild, or maybe even made one yourself. If you don't have guild slots, it is your decision that the guilds taking those slots are more important to you than playing with JQ people in WvW.

Then the developers should have provided new guild slots for this before ever attempting a beta.

Ironically, I solo'd and leveled two Guilds and maxed scribing just for WvW claiming on JQ. I'm not going to throw them away because the dev's had a harebrained idea to destroy Worlds.

Edited by DeWolfe.2174
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Then the developers should have provided new guild slots for this before ever attempting a beta.

Ironically, I solo'd and leveled two Guilds and maxed scribing just for WvW'ing on JQ. I'm not going to throw them away because they dev's had a harebrained idea to destroy Worlds.

Then why didn't you invite people to your guild and set it as WvW guild?

3 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Ironically, I solo'd and leveled two Guilds and maxed scribing just for WvW'ing on JQ. I'm not going to throw them away because they dev's had a harebrained idea to destroy Worlds.

Or are we talking two completely empty guilds for no other reason than having guilds, then it is, as I said, your choice. They were more important to you than playing with people from JQ in another guild. And I am sure that your scribing works just as well on any other team and even on other guilds' scribe stations.

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

This has never been a thing so I’m not sure where that suddenly came from.

Originally there wasn't any wait times at all. Then they added a once every 24 hours rule. They continued to punish and hinder people from freely moving and that's why we actually have such problems. Don't even get me started on how the MegaServer system destroyed Worlds identity in PvE too. WvW Commanders like myself used to run in Pve too as it helped fund our players.

Anyways, freedom of movement is even in lore as Tyria exists in a multiverse with the mists being the veil between. We're supposed to be able to traverse between the worlds and raid them.

Think of opening the WvW panel and instead of just 4 choices in one match, it's 4 versions of each map for a total of 16 choices! People want to complain about not enough "content" and match balance yet, the simplest solution is just one large scale match. Think about like playing 3d chess in "Star Trek".

Edited by DeWolfe.2174
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

Originally there wasn't any wait times at all. Then they added a once every 24 hours rule. They continued to punish and hinder people from freely moving and that's why we actually have such problems. Don't even get me started on how the MegaServer system destroyed Worlds identity in PvE too. WvW Commanders like myself used to run in Pve too as it helped fund our players.

Anyways, freedom of movement is even in lore as Tyria exists in a multiverse with the mists being the veil between. We're supposed to be able to traverse between the worlds and raid them.

Think of opening the WvW panel and instead of just 4 choices in one match, it's 4 versions of each map for a total of 16 choices! People want to complain about not enough "content" and match balance yet, the simplest solution is just one large scale match. Think about like playing 3d chess in "Star Trek".

First of all, you can play WvW as much as you want after a server transfer. I have no idea why you think you can't.
Second, megaservers.... stopped you from tagging in PvE? What? Yes, the servers' PvE and WvW aren't connected any more, but how would that stop you from being able to run tags in PvE for funds?

I need some of what you are having, I have no idea what game you are playing from the posts you have written today. But it might not be GW2.

If it weren't for megaserver, some servers would never be able to complete all map metas this game requires for making certain end-game gear....

I get what is being said about how megaserver destroyed WvW's tie to PvE, but many of those players over the years found what they want to play in this game and WvW isn't it.

Edited by Chaba.5410