Simple solution against bot Farmers in Doric Lake

There are afk Farmers in Doric lake but also some "Lazy Farmers" that arent afk.

Sometimes there are Jade bows or rarely brawlers showing up.

Jade bows are melt in minion swarms but brawlers do damage.

If there is a will to reduce this farm spot the easy solution would be that there will only spawn brawlers and maybe scalled up 2 of them.

Afk Farmers will hate it and must find another less lucrative spot. 

Whats your opinion? Sould the Developers think of such ways to deal with bots?

Edited by FataMorgan.6859
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Let me put it that way: the previous Dev approach to reduce afk farming in Lake Doric (the artillery barrage at centaurs) made the place extremely annoying for everyone else as well, to the point i have practically immediately stopped coming there.

The way to deal with afk bots is more GMs, not some "fancy" tricks that usually tend to harm normal players as well.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

The reason they're where they are is due to the fact that there is a really fast enemy NPC spawn point there. I don't think it is related to any event. Remove the spawn point or make it spawn at the normal rate and it should clear up most of the issues.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

Well i know the issue with this atillery barrage.  I stay away from this Zones cause it is far to frequent.

The question sould be if it is accapable for non afking players to beat one or two Champions every 20 to 30 minutes.  

If they are not afking this sould not be an issue. If they are afking... well they wont care until they come back to the dead body. 

2 hours ago, FataMorgan.6859 said:

There are afk Farmers in Doric lake but also some "Lazy Farmers" that arent afk.

Sometimes there are Jade bows or rarely brawlers showing up.

Jade bows are melt in minion swarms but brawlers do damage.

If there is a will to reduce this farm spot the easy solution would be that there will only spawn brawlers and maybe scalled up 2 of them.

Afk Farmers will hate it and must find another less lucrative spot. 

Whats your opinion? Sould the Developers think of such ways to deal with bots?

First lets have a few terms straight. You have AFK-farming. This is not allowed. Yo uneed to be present at your keyboard (and considering what afk means, in those terms it is not allowed). However, it is not up to us to make the determination if someone is AFK. Nobody can be forced to prove it to you. They are obliged to react to a GM to prove they are present. So a correct term is auto attack farmers.

I am shocked how many people are offended to auto attack farmers. They are not doing anything that is harming your pleasure in the game, besides working as a crazy red flag.

It is the studio's policy to allow auto attack farming. They do not consider it harmful. If you disagree with that, please explain how it is harmful for you personally.

To me I would not care less what people do and do not. I'm not an auto attack farmer and it is not something I would find pleasure in, but I also understand that for others they like it. When they are botting or afk-ing it is something else as it is against the rules. But most important. I would not like if they spend precious dev time to fight this. It would turn into a cat and mouse game. The devs fix a spot and they move on to a new spot. So more dev time is spent, and more, etc. So far, GM's check if they are present at keyboard (and please report if you see them and suspect they are afk).

If the farms happen in places harmfull to others, it gets fixed (e.g. when it takes all agro away from those doing a heart), but otherwise, let them be where they are. Easier to find for the GM's and no dev time is wasted.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5