Immortal Scourage

evilcat.6817

Request: Open World build which is very hard to kill. If it can do something with champins enemies that would be great, otherwise just resilent build with low APM. Spec Scourage or Core, no SotO. Condi. I am asking for advice.

Generally i am looking for some resilent build for Necro, i have Scourage unlocked, mostly for open world exploration but HoT/PoF hanging around in meta events, there could be some champions or victory points guardians.

I was using someting like this https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Condi_Scourge but, the scourage class feature works worse for me, than core necro (sad scourage), yes i am using typing maschine as my input, dont judge me.

I was thinking about Celestial Necro. Celestial statline is always fine. There is also a trapper.

I am using scepter/torch+staff. But i am not very attached to it.

How bad is this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYt/lR0wkCcfFun82YkW8PuPVA-e

Or maybe blood? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYt/lR0wkCcgFun82YkW8TfPVA-e

Blood probably with celestial for extra healing.

What relics do you recomend?

Edited by evilcat.6817
  • Confused 2

For open world build: 

go full condi Apothecary's stats. It has lot of healing power, condition + toughness. Should also work imo for WvW these stats.

Paired with blood magic and soul reaping.

pistol + warhorn (warhorn blood magic trait for more effect).

scepter + torch as other set of weapons.

Well of blood is nice now too if you want some more raw healing instead of that barrier, both fine. 

For the rest you can choose some other abilties with more absorb if you still think you need more. That is though at the cost of damage. 

And if you feel more confident and get better, you can always trait in more damage.

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1

Scourge is a terrible idea if you want a low intensity build.
This e-spec relies extremely heavily on shade skill casts and you will be smashing those F1-F5 keys 24/7.

By my estimate what you need is either condi reaper (criminally underrated) or a harb.

Both can dish very respectable damage without breaking your fingers and being quite survivable.
Harb is super lazy - you can just shroud auto things to death while eating popcorn.
Reaper on the other hand is far more tanky and has better synergies with many traitlines.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

Your build lacks strong life force generation which is a must for Scourge

Yeah just use signet of undead instead of blood is power. This is way more Li then ans BiP is apita to maintain anyways. @evilcat.6817

Edited by CafPow.1542

11 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Yeah just use signet of undead instead of blood is power. This is way more Li then ans BiP is apita to maintain anyways. @evilcat.6817

thx, good tip with that signet of undead, it is one way to generate a lot of life force.

Not sure what is Li acronym?

What about death version like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYt/lNwkYQsHmJW8P+vVA-DSRYVhCYGUQpUQIEXE0XCEaBYQBlAAA-e

1 minute ago, evilcat.6817 said:

thx, good tip with that signet of undead, it is one way to generate a lot of life force.

Not sure what is Li acronym?

What about death version like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYt/lNwkYQsHmJW8P+vVA-DSRYVhCYGUQpUQIEXE0XCEaBYQBlAAA-e

Li = low intensity. (Like you don’t have a lot of button mashing)

concerning your build: on death magic i‘d go with 3-3-2, i would like that more but even go soul reaping instead of death magic anyways. But if you wanna play with carapace for the fun, why not. Personally i prefer the 3-3-2 then so i build carapace with condis.

and the „i go shroud automatically“ is never picked by me cause it always trolls me xD

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Li = low intensity. (Like you don’t have a lot of button mashing)

concerning your build: on death magic i‘d go with 3-3-2, i would like that more but even go soul reaping instead of death magic anyways. But if you wanna play with carapace for the fun, why not. Personally i prefer the 3-3-2 then so i build carapace with condis.

and the „i go shroud automatically“ is never picked by me cause it always trolls me xD

Ah low intensity suits well, for now for me it is more about timing shades and skills than full piano.

Death, corrupt fervor could actually be better to max deadly strenght REALLY fast, and that protection could have similar effect than shroud. Scourage shroud works funny as it is Desert Shround so it will not mess with weapon slots. But corrupt fervor could be worth at least 12% life. So Death 332 could be fun. Death carapce is kinda fun, it is different. and 250 Power/Condi is not bad.

And it could go well with Curses 133, as scourage has inbuild fear, and i have more fear on both weapon sets.

Soul Repeaing 113 could be good mostly for Dhunfire, and soul bars. And hope for parasitic Contagiation to do magic.

Flesh Golem elite could be good "defence" as it tanks damage when solo, however necro minions tend to start fights when i try to mount, so double edge minion.

Signet of vampirism could generate more healing overall (including time when waiting for best moment to use) but it works worse with relic of durability.

Edited by evilcat.6817