SB is so garbage now

AIex.4105

9 minutes ago, AIex.4105 said:

I dont care about the metas, and the One Wolf Pack is totatly ueslss as a skill now, my question what is the point of SB at all in this game the vanila ranger has better skills.

Soulbeast has been nerfed extensively, yes.  

In sPvP not much of a point to run it when you can get better melee results on untamed (because of FF among other things) or better survivability on Druid (but that's always been the case).

For more direct answer, Soulbeast entire design revolved around bursting without the pet-and is currently in a bad spot as they removed most of that burst potential (or underpinnings like smokescale KD) and just sort of left it.   

As for the 'meta' griffon stance spam beast--I'd consider it more meme than anything.  The actual meta is too condi heavy in melee to run it successfully most times at higher ELO.  Even with DH nerfs if you get a DH, Scourge, hell even Reaper on the other side, it's going to be very tough to win any node fights without being purely +1.  To me, purely +1 doesn't win games unless you comped up--and at that point just play DE....

• Confused 4

15 hours ago, AIex.4105 said:

I dont care about the metas, and the One Wolf Pack is totatly ueslss as a skill now, my question what is the point of SB at all in this game the vanila ranger has better skills.

I'm curious what you think would make OWP strong then, it totally can still do its job, but it's not an instant win anymore with just WH 5 + OWP. You have to commit more CDs, similar to other specs that have oneshot potential.

8 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

I'm curious what you think would make OWP strong then, it totally can still do its job, but it's not an instant win anymore with just WH 5 + OWP. You have to commit more CDs, similar to other specs that have oneshot potential.

What additional CDs?

It's the same skills as before, but worse.