Hardware help

Minimum system reqs

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements

unfortunately i can’t find if there is a recommended hardware spec and it looks like anet only wants to publish its min supported. 

the RTX4060 is a much better graphics card than the gtx 680, which anet supports as the minimum. I don’t know how the rtx4060 card compares to the current market. My own desktop is a few years old and has a gtx 1060.  I used to have the gw2 graphic settings turned up to max without performance issues. The amount of visual “noise” it created made me turn it down. 

Two things made a huge difference for me in my game performance:

1.  Putting the game on an external SSD drive (plugged into a usb c port). SSD (even external) >>>> HDD in performance.  no space to add an internal drive so I had to go external.
2. Upgrading from 8gb RAM to 16

FF14, wow, gw2 and other games went from lag spikes and crawling to everything just working instantly. I still see lag spikes especially in wvw Zerg battles but when it’s happening to me, it’s everyone around me too. 

ETA You might get more responses in the tech support forum. 

Edited by Tinker.6924
Added note
  • Like 1

If you're going to go the RTX 4xxx route, 4070s are better.  4060 is kind of meh.  The bandwidth is a lot narrower which makes the card underpowered.  But like someone above wrote, don't get it just for GW2 because the game won't take advantage of the new stuff like DLSS.  If budget is a concern and you're not getting the card for the latest games, a 3080 may provide better value.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MoggyLXIX.2891 said:

my current PC has gave up the ghost

German detected. 😁

18 hours ago, MoggyLXIX.2891 said:

Could anybody tell me if a Nvidia GeForce RTX4060 Ti 16GB is any good for GW2

I am still on an RTX 2070 Super, and I am having zero issues. If GW2 is the only game you play, you shouldn't spend more money than necessary on a new graphics card, especially if your rig is a little older.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2