does anet ever ip ban players

• Khalisto.5780 changed the title to does anet ever ip ban players
26 minutes ago, oujiboardspamname.1932 said:

No, and they'd be absolutely stupid to ip ban someone that paid for 40 accounts. 

The only people that have gotten a sort of hardware ban have been the mat sellers, anet just doesn't give a kitten. 

the mat sellers are all playing, if they're not playing cuz they just quit not cuz they got ip banned

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Anyone that has anywhere near that many accounts are spoofing their IP anyways. It's easier to just ban the account.

Of course, removing free accounts from Ranked is an option too...

none of the accounts are free, if you play regularly in NA you surely stumbled on this DH, the "L" DH

2 hours ago, Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Anet never bans let alone ip ban. This game is run off of bots and dishonest gameplay. 

it's been a while since I last saw a bot, tho I suspect that a dragonhunter, not  the one I'm mentioning here is a bot, 1 week into the season dude already have  300 games played

I have 140 games playing after hours from the daily job, I'd imagine someone without a daily job could clear out 300 games by now if they mostly play GW2 as well. That said, regarding the main post, Anet has not permanently banned nor even permanently dishonored the MAT sellers and MAT cheaters still around in the top places from NA*, nor have they ever followed up in who knows other manners in which the top players practice match manipulation, so I doubt they would ever do something as radical as permanently blocking anyone from playing (which would need to go beyond IP blocking due to dynamic IPs and all). There's also the matter those accounts are probably also part of what used to be daily reward grinds which Anet would never ban anyway due to inflating player account numbers in a positive manner. I doubt even account sharing has been completely eliminated even though it's the thing they've taken the strongest stance against so don't get your hopes up.  All things considered I only wish they would finally add a /resign option, I'd gladly forfeit rank points even as long as I didn't have to 4v5 for 10 minutes or just AFK wait for 5 more before I can even queue again.

Guild Wars 2 Forum - PvP (gw2archive.eu)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I have 140 games playing after hours from the daily job, I'd imagine someone without a daily job could clear out 300 games by now if they mostly play GW2 as well. That said, regarding the main post, Anet has not permanently banned nor even permanently dishonored the MAT sellers and MAT cheaters still around in the top places from NA*, nor have they ever followed up in who knows other manners in which the top players practice match manipulation, so I doubt they would ever do something as radical as permanently blocking anyone from playing (which would need to go beyond IP blocking due to dynamic IPs and all). There's also the matter those accounts are probably also part of what used to be daily reward grinds which Anet would never ban anyway due to inflating player account numbers in a positive manner. I doubt even account sharing has been completely eliminated even though it's the thing they've taken the strongest stance against so don't get your hopes up.  All things considered I only wish they would finally add a /resign option, I'd gladly forfeit rank points even as long as I didn't have to 4v5 for 10 minutes or just AFK wait for 5 more before I can even queue again.

Guild Wars 2 Forum - PvP (gw2archive.eu)

i'll keep recording matches with him, last time i sent them a collection of 15 games of him afking in a 3 days spam, which i believe is the reason his second acc got banned, but who knows how many more ppl sent them footage for that to happen, as he also sitting at 300+ games and afks most of them once he falls behind or never even leave spawn based on his mood