Restructuring Should Be a Huge Update With Guild Leaderboard Etc.

Ruufio.1496

Yeah. This whole multi-year update should be more than just restructuring. It should be taken advantage of and have a leaderboard of some sort for guilds. Maybe this is even the opportunity to introduce some sort of structured GvG with leaderboards somehow. How? Dunno. Not my job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ruufio.1496 said:

Yeah. This whole multi-year update should be more than just restructuring. It should be taken advantage of and have a leaderboard of some sort for guilds. Maybe this is even the opportunity to introduce some sort of structured GvG with leaderboards somehow. How? Dunno. Not my job.

One of the blogs early on was hints about after this is out. So you might see something like this.

2 hours ago, Ruufio.1496 said:

There was talk about some sort of guild progression or leaderboards eventually after WR, who knows if they want to make that effort still.

TBH I feel like they should have done a separate structured gvg outside of wvw instead. A place for "wvw raiders" to go instead, like pve has raids and strikes for the more organized sweaters. Since these gvg'ers only care about fights, not wvw as it's suppose to function, and apparently want to fight each other (smirks), so they should have created a separate gvg area for them, like spvp but have a couple maps that do up to 25v25 or something, or FA from gw1 or something. The half dozen kitten efforts to revamp arenas for them is never good enough.

The thing that bothers me the most about WR is..... it's taken 6 years to develop, which means it's stalled wvw for 6 years(well not really a stall since they weren't going to develop anything for wvw anyways), that's longer than the last stall of all the stuff we eventually got in 2016/17. Would have been nice to have some semblance of a schedule from anet for stuff like wvw events like the yearly festivals they have for pve, like a yearly round of no down state or whatever. Stuff like that is what they could have been working on.

Instead we get another mess catering to guilds.

They can't even get the base update out and you want to pile more work on top of it?  Bold choice, I guess.

It's probably wiser to either enjoy WvW as is or quit.  This is not a situation where the devs are bright-eyed and optimistic and full of ideas.  Most times, it's hard to tell if they even exist.  There have certainly, at times, been people at Anet who were passionate about WvW and that does show through in some of the updates we've gotten, but for reasons I cannot speculate on they are clearly not the folks in charge of what actually reaches us.