Help me understand what is going on here

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Already made a bug report in right thread, but in case I'm an idiot, ( wouldn't be the first time), I wanted some input 

I totaled the 409 x 17 and 3/4s and my math is going well over the tooltip so it's not reflecting total damage over time.... something is up

in WvW the Trait states 4572 damage with 2 stacks of poison AND lasting at (17 3/4s) however on a doe and other players its dealing only 409 damage per tick. The damage isnt scaling to the tooltip and seems to KEEP base no matter what. Using Full Trailblazers with Trapper Runes

I don't think its working as intended.

https://imgur.com/YJhNxTS

come to think of it, spider venom isnt dealing what the tooltip says either! WTH?!

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230

The answer is "might stacks". The damage of your poison stack depend on the condition damage value you have at the moment you apply the stacks. Your poison stacks are applied without might stacks and your screen shot is taken while you do have might stacks (you gain at least 4 might stacks from Bountiful theft and Thrill of the crime).

49 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

The damage of your poison stack depend on the condition damage value you have at the moment you apply the stacks.

this is not correct. the poison damage depends on your condition damage at the tick.

2 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

I totaled the 409 x 17 and 3/4s and my math is going well over the tooltip so it's not reflecting total damage over time.... something is up

409 would be ~ the value for 3 stacks of poison according to your tooltip. you do run panic strike and i see an immobilize on the golem so you might have applied a 3rd stack there. not sure where the other 2 poison stacks are from as most of the screen is covered i can not see if there is someone else or if you applied 2 more stacks and still captured the old tick.

but 4827 / 17.75 = 271,94...  (2 stacks)
                     x1.5 =  407.915...(3 stacks)

(edit) did some testing to verify that i didnt miss a thing and all my ticks are as they should be:
- at 0 condition damage and without trickery the tooltip is 670 damage over 10s and i do get 10x 67
- at 0 condition damage with trickery, bountiful theft and thrill of the crime the tooltip is is 737 damage over 11 seconds. when cast it starts ticking for 81 and the tooltip states  895 over 11 seconds, after 5 ticks the tooltip drops to 776 over 11 seconds with the posion ticks of 71 and the final tick is 67 with the initial tooltip of 737 over 11 seconds again.

Edited by bq pd.2148

It seems too obvious but I have to ask - you have accounted for kitten minor grandmaster, right? I think it won't show up on tooltip and you have multiple condis on target, so the damage will fluctuate as new condis are applied or run out.

Edited by Szymon.5369
Lol abbreviation for Deadly Arts got changed into a kitten