Returning player: class choice dilema

Sensero.7284

Hello, 

I have been playing GW2 since beta and stopped at HoT expansion. After few years I would like to enjoy game a bit. I have been playing d/d thief as main.

Now I want to swap to diff class. I will do PvE mainly and since I do not have much time I am rather solo player. Need something with fast mobility and dmg+survi to do PvE content smoothly.

So much has changed and I did nit manage to get all the knowledge yet. Can you suggest 3 top tier classes and builds for PvE open world that should be fine for the next few months?

I like roleplaying a bit or at least I would like enjoy what suits my style and visual preferences but I do not want to waste time trying hard or die all the time doing solo bosses.

What looks promising to me is:

S/S + LB Guardian

LB + D/D Soulbeast

S/D Virtuosso

Thanks for any advices. Im just a casual player with very limited time to play.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:37 PM, Sensero.7284 said:

Now I want to swap to diff class. I will do PvE mainly and since I do not have much time I am rather solo player. Need something with fast mobility and dmg+survi to do PvE content smoothly.

Can you suggest 3 top tier classes and builds for PvE open world that should be fine for the next few months?

I would like enjoy what suits my style and visual preferences but I do not want to waste time trying hard or die all the time doing solo bosses.

What looks promising to me is:

S/S + LB Guardian

LB + D/D Soulbeast

S/D Virtuosso

Celestial Vindicator, celestial Mirage, celestial Mechanist. Probably of those the Mechanist has the best mobility, but the other two are stronger.

Builds:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmzAkeVlhQmsI6kJRpMIClBSqMBqkj2za0E-DyIY1oj/QKUVlrEoXhgC/AkgA2DvGQMtBqA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PizAYhrlRwiYIsEmJW2P9PNA-DyIY1o+/MyUl2r0ShfAChg2D/JgQTKm2AVA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PejAkqlZw6YtMXWMOsL5RNA-DyIY1oh/MCUBUoEQhfACRg2AvGQMtBqA-e

• Like 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:37 AM, Sensero.7284 said:

I have been playing GW2 since beta and stopped at HoT expansion. After few years I would like to enjoy game a bit. I have been playing d/d thief as main.

Almost the same story as me. I played a stealthy mesmer, engineer, and ranger since beta, but stopped around HOT launch. Then I came back to the game a few years ago and leveled a guardian to relearn everything. I discovered firebrands and never looked back. It gives me so much versatility and tools I need for any pve content, with a cool theme and lore to back it up. The new weapon masteries even opened up some nice mobility options that I use for wvw. For pve, mounts give me all the mobility I need, but x/sw and speed relic can help.

4 hours ago, FrancisN.9276 said:

Willbender or any Guardian espec. If you look at previous patch notes, you can see how often it has gotten buffed or skipped out when other classes get nerfed. This class is dev's favorite and will be more than just fine for years.

Do you think this build is still legit?

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_Power_Dragonhunter

or should I use condi firebrand?

Depends on your goal honestly. If you just want to casually roam through the open world, then power builds work better since they melt trash mobs way faster. But if you want to solo kill a few champions on the map, then condi builds work better. 

Power Dragonhunter could be fun, so as Power Reaper for some tankiness. Or even Power Soulbeast. They're all good variations to keep your gameplay diverse.

Condi Virtuoso is a bit fragile in open world, but if you can pilot it well then it's also quite decent. 

Condi Mirage (Celestial) is the ultimate champion mob killer. 

• Like 1