Trouble understanding Jade Bot

I'm at a Jade Bot Workbench with 2 power charges. The Hero: Jade Bot shows a notification that I'm missing modules. The Mount Energy Booster 1 icon is dimmed so I purchased one but can't do anything with it. Double clicking, dragging and dropping, right-clicking and selecting equip doesn't do anything. I'm not understanding something and can't figure it out. I lit the floating lanterns the other day so it was working then but nothing seems to work today. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks to the  ops for the info. I now have better insight how the Jade Bot technology is supposed to work. However I'm still very much confused and befuddled about getting it to actually work for me. Something must be fundamentally wrong with what I'm doing. Let me explain.

When I go to the workbench it brings up my Hero: Jade Bot panel. The top icon shows a Jade Bot Core: Tier 1 required for sensory arrays. The second icon is the Jade Bot itself. The third icon is a Mount Energy Booster 1 which is a sensory array but it is dimmed. Under Notifications on the right it says I am missing modules. Is it not equipped properly?

I haven't done anything since the other day when I went through the training quest lighting floating lanterns. etc. Today I came back to see if everything is working properly and to refresh my memory. Nothing I do will activate the Jade Bot and I certainly  don't get any of the control icons to navigate its movement. All I'm trying to do right now is to light some lanterns. Do I need to complete some other quests or achievements?

The reference I'm following is https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Power_Core

I don't want to spend the gold for a Tier 6 core when I don't think I need or want a chip yet. It looks like I should be good to go right now but I can't do a thing with it. The only thing I think might be wrong is the sensory array may not be properly equipped but I don't know how to check it out.

2 hours ago, Darkenergy.8536 said:

When I go to the workbench it brings up my Hero: Jade Bot panel. The top icon shows a Jade Bot Core: Tier 1 required for sensory arrays. The second icon is the Jade Bot itself. The third icon is a Mount Energy Booster 1 which is a sensory array but it is dimmed. Under Notifications on the right it says I am missing modules. Is it not equipped properly?

I'm following, and to be sure I went to the bench myself on a character with a Tier 1 core and the same sensory array. You have it equipped and it is active. EDIT: You can confirm this by looking for the Mount Energy Booster 1 buff, a blue icon that looks like, uh, a thick lightning bolt with a U-turn arrow curving under it (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Energy_Booster_1_(effect)).

If you right-click the array, it will unequip and show up in the left panel as an available module, not faded out / dimmed since your current setup can power it. Any "sensory array" modules can be slotted here, regardless of core tier.

The Tier 6+ will be needed for the service chip slot, regardless of tier of the chip. Edit 2: for completeness's sake, the "missing modules" is because you do not have one of these chips equipped. However your bot and array are functioning just fine!

Edited by synk.6907
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Darkenergy.8536 said:

If it looks like this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f9/Hero_panel_jade_bot.jpg then it is equipped (well, the two under the jade bot icon are). If you only have equipped Sensory Array (1st slot under jade bot icon) and not the service chip (2nd slot under jade bot), you get the "missing modules" notification. It just means you have no service chip equipped. As seen on the wiki screenshot, the equipped module being "dimmed" means nothing, it still works.

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Are you calling the terminals 'the workbench'?  Because this is where you activate the Jade Bot to light the lanterns:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jade_Bot_Terminal

The full sentence you quoted was "When I go to the workbench it brings up my Hero: Jade Bot panel", so he's talking about jade bot workbench which brings up jade bot interface and allows equipping chips.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

If it looks like this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/f/f9/Hero_panel_jade_bot.jpg then it is equipped (well, the two under the jade bot icon are). If you only have equipped Sensory Array (1st slot under jade bot icon) and not the service chip (2nd slot under jade bot), you get the "missing modules" notification. It just means you have no service chip equipped. As seen on the wiki screenshot, the equipped module being "dimmed" means nothing, it still works.

The full sentence you quoted was "When I go to the workbench it brings up my Hero: Jade Bot panel", so he's talking about jade bot workbench which brings up jade bot interface and allows equipping chips.

Yes, and if he wants to 'light the lanterns', he needs to visit the terminals.

The terminals is exactly right. I thought everything worked through the workbench. Once I got that right everything is working as advertised. Thanks for the help I don't know how long it might have taken until I investigated a terminal I got so hung up on what I was doing. Anyway I now consider this topic closed.

(The programmers could have made it a little more clearer about not having an optional service chip installed.)

• Like 5