Inner Nayos Mapcompletion - No Rewards

Just now, Parasite.5389 said:

You buy them from a vendor; now while one of the requirements is you have to complete the maps first, the gifts themselves aren't part of that Map completion popup

You're completely missing the entire point of the discussion. It really doesn't matter if you're given the gift of exploration in a bouncy chest or have to buy it from a vendor for a trivial amount of karma - it's the same thing. You obtain it via map completion once per character.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Just now, Shaman.2034 said:

You're completely missing the entire point of the discussion. It really doesn't matter if you're given the gift of exploration in a bouncy chest or have to buy it from a vendor for a trivial amount of karma - it's the same thing. You obtain it via map completion once per character.

right, so replace 'buy is with Karma, once per character' with "take 10 minutes to go to a few locations and press F, with no limit on how many times you can do it"

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

right, so replace 'buy is with Karma, once per character' with "take 10 minutes to go to a few locations and press F, with no limit on how many times you can do it"

Also replace "has a content guide" with "hasn't a content guide," and "was able to be half-prepared before the patch" with "was not able to be half-prepared before the patch" and you can start to see that they're very different things. Almost entirely unrelated, actually.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

And I do not enjoy that, I enjoy map completion. I am not trying to take away your enjoyment of the game, I think adding the lanterns as an alternative to map completion was a great idea. I simply intensly dislike that this has now come at the expense of how I like to play.

I have everything I need for two sets of legendary armour, I have close to a dozen legendary weapons, I have all the trinkets, I have a wvw set of armour. I have no problem working towards a goal, but this is a game for me, and I engage with what I enjoy. 

The last time I did not enjoy something was early HoT and I simply left - for 7 years. This time I am trying a different approach in the hope Anet will reconsider. I will not light lantern, all the other bits I have worked for can sit in my bank and rot.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Induriel.8135 said:

And I do not enjoy that, I enjoy map completion. I am not trying to take away your enjoyment of the game, I think adding the lanterns as an alternative to map completion was a great idea.

This is how I feel, as well. It should have been a reward tied to either map completion (like every other map Gift has been done) or bought with a large amount of the map currency, along with it being a reward for the lantern achievement.

Edited by RoseofGilead.8907
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

i am really disappointed, i have a relatively short time to play the game, i spend a lot of time preparing it before update and tonight, my investment is completely lost.
Doing the map explo on different characters worked on the other SotO maps why changing it without notifying us...
I really hope they change their mind, i worked for it and i will not spend time doing it again because they suddenly choose to change the rules

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

The grand total of 2 people defending this have had to make assertions that are both patently untrue and omit important details to do so.

We’re seeing the same in-game and on other discussion boards like Reddit. The few people defending it are using wild mental gymnastics or outright denying that player time and effort matters. 

No matter how we slice it, this is a huge L from the team. Either by unwillingness/inability to address an issue that came up during work on the patch or just being out of touch, they chose one of the worst available ways to handle this. There’s no version of this that doesn’t see it being left as-is continuing to cause friction and trashing the good will of the majority. The current method benefits precisely no one—not one single player in the entire game—and spits in the faces of thousands.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Reading this is almost as bad as Twitter. For those complaining that they completed all of the map completion so gimme, gimme, gimme....the map isn't completed yet so no, we are not going to get the gift for finding every POI, Vista, WP, etc because we can't yet. Those that want to do it that way can wait 3 months, those that want it now, can light lanterns. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this like a knife in the back, its not. We were told that it would be a complete map after expansion update 3.

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

4 minutes ago, Sahandriel.1678 said:

Reading this is almost as bad as Twitter. For those complaining that they completed all of the map completion so gimme, gimme, gimme....the map isn't completed yet so no, we are not going to get the gift for finding every POI, Vista, WP, etc because we can't yet. Those that want to do it that way can wait 3 months, those that want it now, can light lanterns. I'm not sure why everyone is taking this like a knife in the back, its not. We were told that it would be a complete map after expansion update 3.

Doing everything on the map (that at most is going to be rounded off with a room or platform) that includes the completion of several events is ‘gimme gimme gimme’ but collecting lanterns that only account for about 80% exploration is worthy of a gift? Absolutely astounding levels of utter nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I don't have to wait 3 months. I lit lanterns. When I saw what they were doing, it was easy enough to do since all the lanterns are at the POI. While you're doing Map Clear in both sections you just light the lantern that is 'remarkably' near by and you get credit for both, so no waiting is needed.

Edited by Sahandriel.1678
Expanded on thought
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, Draxian.7945 said:

The grand total of 2 people defending this have had to make assertions that are both patently untrue and omit important details to do so.

We’re seeing the same in-game and on other discussion boards like Reddit. The few people defending it are using wild mental gymnastics or outright denying that player time and effort matters. 

No matter how we slice it, this is a huge L from the team. Either by unwillingness/inability to address an issue that came up during work on the patch or just being out of touch, they chose one of the worst available ways to handle this. There’s no version of this that doesn’t see it being left as-is continuing to cause friction and trashing the good will of the majority. The current method benefits precisely no one—not one single player in the entire game—and spits in the faces of thousands.

Excuse me,. my claims were very much true why don't you take your pitiful attempt at character assassination elsewhere.  Do some research instead of resorting to carnival tricks.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Sahandriel.1678 said:

I mean, we got the alternative method because the map is not a complete map yet. Requiring the development team to give you rewards for 100%, when 100% doesn't exist is nonsense.

They did not do it before tho bjora half first map you got full reward for map completing it then nothing for the second half.

Why should this one be any different when its just split up in 3 parts.

Surely they dont value our 1 inventory space that the gift would take up that highly when you see how many kryptis essence you get while playing the maps?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

So wait - we need 6 total Gifts of Inner Nayos to get a complete set of Obsidian Armor. We only get one for finishing the Legendary Armor astral achievement. That makes this a ridiculous way to do armor. Very poor execution of this new armor release. Massive grinding and then more grinding on top of grinding.  I have been grinding for the last few months to make sure I had the materials and items required and you only make it so we get one gift for the story achievement. Very poor design. 

I mean I went and got tens of thousands essences thinking there would be a way to get the final piece and now it's do 43 lanterns 5 more times to get a gift of Nayos. Sigh. No one thought this was a bad idea?

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well for me, this was the last "expansion" I bought. I don't want to support this anymore, and I don't want to play it. And it's not that I mind spending time in the game, but I want to have fun with the mode I like. Like a monkey after surgery running 18x lanterns really isn't fun. Bad game design. The funniest thing is the ambassador's reaction here on the forum from the anet guy. So here I send you one too 😉 

Edited by Loctar.3987
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Loctar.3987 said:

Well for me, this was the last "expansion" I bought. I don't want to support this anymore, and I don't want to play it. And it's not that I mind spending time in the game, but I want to have fun with the mode I like. Like a monkey after surgery running 16x lanterns really isn't fun. Bad game design. The funniest thing is the ambassador's reaction here on the forum from the anet guy. So here I send you one too 😉 

Exactly

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

If you're looking for the Gift of Inner Nayos, you need to light the lamps that became available with this update. 😉 

Hmm, but that's not how the game works, on any map. I think you're mixing up second time Gifts versus the first one you're supposed to get for map completion, like every other map, including the 2 other ones used with this gift, which also have lamps.

Are people that didn't complete half the map before the update and complete it all now going to get a Gift of Inner Nayos? If so, everyone who completed the map before should get one when they finish the full complete.

Punishing the early adopters doesn't really make sense. The lesson learned here is don't engage with unfinished content. Not a very good message to be sending to people.

:EDIT:
I didn't realize the map was actually still incomplete, so although it's confusing due to the lack of communication about the situation, this temporary solution of doing something that's never been done before to get the first gift of [map] is clearer.

Edited by Terminal.5093
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Terminal.5093 said:

Hmm, but that's not how the game works, on any map. I think you're mixing up second time Gifts versus the first one you're supposed to get for map completion, like every other map, including the 2 other ones used with this gift, which also have lamps.

Are people that didn't complete half the map before the update and complete it all now going to get a Gift of Inner Nayos? If so, everyone who completed the map before should get one when they finish the full complete.

Punishing the early adopters doesn't really make sense. The lesson learned here is don't engage with unfinished content. Not a very good message to be sending to people.

How I see it, we weren't awarded a Gift because the map didn't release at it's full version. That will be next patch. Lanterns were enabled to have a way to obtain the Gifts before next patch. Do I like it? No, but I wouldn't like to wait another 2-3 months in order to complete the map and get the gift. There was a lack of communication and it has to improve.

This shouldn't happen to any new legendaries on '24, '25 or '26 expansions.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Is the Gift of Inner Nayos going to be awarded for 100% map completion in the NEXT content update?  If so why is it being awarded for 2/3 of the lanterns now and not 2/3 of map completion now?  A significant number of players prepared themselves to complete 6, 12 or 18 map completions this update.  What are they going to do with all those Gifts of Inner Nayos after the NEXT content update, when they already have their Obsidian Armor completed?

It is not moral or ethical to be generous with other people's time, especially your customers.  Especially when you provided them enough information to form an extremely reasonable expectation that makes far more sense than your systemic changing reveal.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

33 minutes ago, DarkShadow.7104 said:

How I see it, we weren't awarded a Gift because the map didn't release at it's full version. That will be next patch. Lanterns were enabled to have a way to obtain the Gifts before next patch. Do I like it? No, but I wouldn't like to wait another 2-3 months in order to complete the map and get the gift. There was a lack of communication and it has to improve.

This shouldn't happen to any new legendaries on '24, '25 or '26 expansions.

I see, I guess the only problem is the lack of communication about the situation. I actually didn't know the map was still incomplete, it makes more sense now.

Edited by Terminal.5093
  • Confused 2

I see a lot of hate about the gift (and all other things). As someone who did multiple map completions myself, I don't get it.
You complain about wasting time, yet you play a game you like, otherwise you wouldn't go through this trouble.
I don't get the rush of completion all legendary armor at once. What will you do with all the time you don't have to farm? Do raids, WvW or PvP?
For a game that respects your time for not missing out on things if you decide to go for a break, I (my personal opinion) don't see anything wrong with the decision to do lamps.

Could they handled the situation different? Yes maybe, but don;t forgot it was your interpretation to expect you get the gift for map completion. Because it was always the case. But you could have also predict because they changed the way for Legendary Runes (which they communicated, which once again i don't mind) nothing is written in stone.

Edited by Alexander.9342
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Alexander.9342 said:

You complain about wasting time, yet you play a game you like, otherwise you wouldn't go through this trouble.

You are staring right at the point, yet missing it. People love playing this game. The menial busywork of flying around to find and click a lot of lanterns? Not so much. If it's a necessity to get a valuable reward people will still do it, but they won't enjoy it, and they will complain about not enjoying it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3