Wizards Vault Special: 'Complete Tier 1 of an Artisan of Arms Achievement' not tracking [Merged]

On 3/1/2024 at 4:32 AM, Teknomancer.4895 said:

An achievement for killing enemies with a healing weapon is pretty high on the list of sick ANet jokes.

I was wondering about this too. Considering Mesmer, Warrior, and Engi got support weapons.

A "killing enemies" achievement like this is unbalanced with the other professions. 😆

23 minutes ago, Sylvi.8372 said:

I was wondering about this too. Considering Mesmer, Warrior, and Engi got support weapons.

A "killing enemies" achievement like this is unbalanced with the other professions. 😆

I was thinking the same thing. I then went to Queensdale with my Mesmer and killed low-level mobs and white critters because they counted too. With these, very little damage is enough for a one-shot. The 100 kills were boring, but still quick to complete.

P.S. Of course, I made sure that I didn't steal any kills from low-level players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

"Fixed an issue that prevented warriors from receiving credit for the Artisan of Arms Wizard's Vault objective after killing 100 enemies with a staff"   <----posted by Anet on 26.02 .. 

I guess they only like warriors .. 🙄😭  cuz all the other classes also dont a progress, wether they kill pve-enemies nor when they kill wvw-enemies. 

the most ridiculous progress I got was for a WHITE rat in wvw in The Spiritholm on hbl.... 

Anet WHEN will u fix this ? 

• Confused 2

On 2/28/2024 at 11:38 PM, RoseofGilead.8907 said:

I don't think that's a bug, since that's how all the weapon master achievements have always been. You have to get the killing blow with the weapon for it to count.

and u ofc know that I didnt have the killing blow ???   let me tell u , I did have the killing blow and it didnt count.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Ashturen.2561 said:

and u ofc know that I didnt have the killing blow ???   let me tell u , I did have the killing blow and it didnt count.

Where was I ever talking to you? This thread is made of at least two merged threads, where I posted in response to someone else. Chill.

• Thanks 1

I have been using the pistol on a condition tempest. I managed to make modest progress (8-9%), but definitely not satisfactory.

Having figured out condition damage might be an issue, I switched to air. Even only using air autoattack, landing the killing blow, not using overloads, off-hand weapon skills or slot skills, progress is still stalled at 9%.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:19 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Try Ambient Critters.  If you have a pet out, it may be delivering the killing blow.

Notice how the person you responded to seems to imply the kills do progress the normal (core) mace kills achievements, but not the new one. Theoretically they should progress either both of those, or neither, because the requirement (dealing a killing blow with the weapon in question) is the same for both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Update: I kept trying to progress Artisan of Arms: Elementalist's Pistol in Gendarran Fields.

Attacking mobs when attuned to fire: little to no progress. Not only that, it appeared to stall progress in any attunement until I move well out of the immediate area.

Attacking mobs when attuned to air: progress, especially when targetting ambient mobs like rabbits and frogs.

I managed to complete the first tier of the achievement.

Complete waste of time. The descriptions of how and where to do this are unclear or they don't work. Anet wants us to do this but leave out important details on how to achieve them. A ranger can't score a one hit kill with a mace in the areas they claim it has to be done! I won't be bothering with this achievement any more

• Confused 3

38 minutes ago, jahaan.1405 said:

Complete waste of time. The descriptions of how and where to do this are unclear or they don't work. Anet wants us to do this but leave out important details on how to achieve them. A ranger can't score a one hit kill with a mace in the areas they claim it has to be done! I won't be bothering with this achievement any more

Rubi said it's bugged and they are working on a fix.  Should be fixed on the 19th which gives us plenty of time for the achievement.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jahaan.1405 said:

I completed it on my Ranger; try killing ambients.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

The areas ArenaNet 'claim(s) it has to be done' are all areas of the game.  Not sure what restrictions that poses. 

Where did you do this??? Did you use just the mace and hide your pet??? Was the moon in a certain phase??? I've killed between 20 and 50 ambient in every map area I go and have not gotten any credit so far.

• Confused 3

On 3/6/2024 at 4:46 PM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Notice how the person you responded to seems to imply the kills do progress the normal (core) mace kills achievements, but not the new one. Theoretically they should progress either both of those, or neither, because the requirement (dealing a killing blow with the weapon in question) is the same for both.

Exactly that, and I've noticed it with other Wizard vault  achievements as well, for example, when killing 10 enemies in the Crystal Desert is active at the same time as killing 25 Awakened in the Istan Daily, then 10 Awakened should equal 10 enemies but its normally 18 or 19 awakened to get 10 Crystal Desert. 

• Like 2

Just my observation on this.  I selected the little eye on the Wizard's Vault achievement so I could monitor progress.  Nothing.  Then looked at the actual Artisan of Arms achievements under Secrets of the Obscure --> Horn of Maguuma and that was progressing.

So I stopped watching the Wizard's Vault progress and just watched the progress on the Artisan of Arms achievement as I went about happily whacking anything and everything in Queensdale.  As soon as that achievement hit 100 the one in Wizard's Vault was marked complete.  This was on an Engineer with a Short Bow.  Set my mech to not attack so I was the only one doing any damage and just spent about 10 minutes killing harpies and bandits in the area of the Vale Waypoint.

So if you want to see your progress towards the 100 kills check the actual Artisan of Arms achievement.  That one seems to track properly.  You should get your Wizard's Vault special achievement when you hit 100 (Tier 1) on the Artisan of Arms achievement.

Edited by Night Winde.2693
  • Like 1

I've gotten 101 killing blows today with engineer shortbow (checking "Artisan of Arms: Engineer's Short Bow" achievement, not "Short-Bow Master") but the Wizard's Vault bit isn't unlocking for me.

Edited by wedderkamp.7956
  • Like 1