Poor pacing into poor storytelling

8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

After reading the above feedback, I feel even less motivated to start playing Update 2 ... 🤔

If it helps, the events themselves are much better than in update 1 and there is some really nice scenery in the new map section, which is bigger than Heitos’ Territory. There’s a bit more lore to it too.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

If it helps, the events themselves are much better than in update 1 and there is some really nice scenery in the new map section, which is bigger than Heitos’ Territory. There’s a bit more lore to it too.

Okay, let's see if I can find it in me to look into it tomorrow. 😄 Thanks!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I haven't cared about the Story in a long, long time at this point. PoF really was the last serviceable story expansion (and even before that, Story was imo one of the weakest parts of this sequel). EoD was forgettable at best, and now in SotO I honestly don't even know what they/we are trying to do anymore, or even where we are really. 

The fact that "View three Vistas", "Do this press F on x things Collection (which then without any flair or bravado also unlocks the new Weapons account wide.. why even gate this if you are not going to do anything remotely interesting or entertaining with it?)" and "Complete x amount of Open World Events" is the state of expansion main story quests, just baffling. 

That's far beyond poor pacing - This isn't even a Story anymore, it's a Plot connected by chores on a worksheet.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

My opinion: I feel like there should have been an opportunity to interact with the prisoner we took, and possibly more time hearing them an Peitha banter/bicker. This bit of story was really rushed feeling. I'm okay with each of these story steps taking some more time in order to flesh things out. The Nayos arc overall for SotO has been some of the worst pacing in the game. Really, this and Gayla Delves' story both are not boding well, which is sad since SotO started out pretty strong story wise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...