Envious Reprieve achivement bugged [Merged]

I hope this may help to fix this bug: During today's attempt on vespera when boss reached 40% I got a "event failed" announcement while timer was still at more than 3:00. Still the boss stayed up and we could kill it but no achievement as the event was mentionned as failed before I guess.

On 3/4/2024 at 5:54 PM, Elia.7193 said:

I don't know if it just a coincidence but i got credit  for the achievement straightaway when i killed both Vespera and Nereidum AFTER i finished the war council story step. Before that i killed both few times and it didnt count

I failed to get credit for Vespera for around 15 kills, after seeing this post, I went to Story Journal, and activated replay of the "Forced Hand" branch.

Got credit on the next kill. (Not guaranteed, but this is something you'll can try)

34 minutes ago, ShellShot.1274 said:

I failed to get credit for Vespera for around 15 kills, after seeing this post, I went to Story Journal, and activated replay of the "Forced Hand" branch.

Got credit on the next kill. (Not guaranteed, but this is something you'll can try)

Tried it for Nereidum.  Selected to replay "Forced Hand" then waited for the spawn.  Still no credit for this achievement after killing it.  Way beyond 15 kills at this point, it is just seriously broken.  Some people have gotten it but the particular circumstances that existed at the time they got credit for the kill appear to be so varied and random that it is pure luck when it happens.  Was worth a shot though so thanks for the idea.

Ok, killed Vespera 3 more times tonite, all in the same map. All 3 episodes failed to net me the achievment.  Don't know if it matters, but i was on IP 44.218.166.94. First kill tonite was solo and took a long time. The last time there was a lot of help from the whole map and she died quickly.  I exclaimed in MAP that i still didn't get the achievement, and several others agreed saying they didnt get it either.

On 3/5/2024 at 3:44 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hey all, I just want to let you know that this has not been forgotten. We're still investigating to track down the source of the problem and I'll update you when I am able!

It has been over a week since the last update from ANET on this topic - any movement on resolving this issue?

OK. I just finished killing Vespera on IP address 44.198.222.151 and got credit for the achievement.  Prior to this I have participated in killing her perhaps a dozen times with no credit.  I did get credit for Nereidum on the first attempt, so this completed Envious Reprieve for me.

Confirmed. Tried the Scribe one (Vespera) - no credit. Odd that some people report they got credit sometimes - but there seems to be no rule/requirements that we know of ... totally random I guess? (Unless it is something weird like "only the first time it appears in a new instance of the map" or something like that.)

I will ignore the few AP until the achievement is confirmed to be fixed in some patch notes. (And hopefully it won't take as long as the daily Echovald Spirit Slayer - which took over 1-2 years to fix.)

• Confused 1