March 19 Engie Updates

Dirame.8521

On 3/19/2024 at 2:45 PM, Solene.3067 said:

I dislike the change to Mecha Legs. In my opinion the basic nature of this trait was the movement speed increase which has been removed. For most of my characters I use a trait which gives me a permanent movement speed increase. This is still possible with the Mechanist specialization but it leaves a sour taste that ArenaNet removed this option for the core engineer.

This. Most professions now have a base movement speed increase trait in their core line. Why remove this aspect of the trait? I get encouraging active play; I don’t get removing what’s basically QoL for open world wandering. 

Maybe ANet should just increase base movement speed across the board and remove all of these trait and skill aspects like they did with skill cooldown reductions. Then they just have to balance around swiftness and super speed buffs. It seems like a win-win, but maybe I’m overlooking something…

• Like 3

The Mecha Legs change doesn't mean a whole lot to me because I take Tools for swiftness anyway, but it is sad that now its just a copy paste of Resilient Roll.

Bunker Down was just straight gutted for healers though. You could argue that old Bunker Down was more effective for coordinated groups while MDF was designed for open world. Now at best it's just a self sustain trait.

On 3/12/2024 at 11:15 PM, Dirame.8521 said:

The AED synergy has worked wonders for me. The 120s cooldown is the same cooldown as an Elite skill and do we complain about that? Nope. I've literally won 2v1s because of that one trait so.... your opinion is your opinion sir.

As for Bunker Down, the current bunker down only works on professions that get up close to you. The upcoming change, will make it a guaranteed hit on your target. That is a 100% chance to hit. The current Bunker Down doesn't have that. Literally, you can CC a person once every second and know that Bunker down will hit EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And it got a damage boost.

Yes, you may not have realized it yet, but it is indeed a monster that is about to be unleashed.

In case you're wondering what build can do a CC every second: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAUlJw2YMsFWJOsPmrdA-D6IeGZLBCZBYrnAAA

What a horrible build. You take Gadgeteer for a single skill. You take power wrench, but don't take the other traits in explosives that buff your dodge. You take a bunch of turrets, but no kits so you have to rely on shortbow for damage. Really, shortbow. I guess you plan is to exist on point, don't do anything, and then respawn talking about how they "unleashed a monster." I'd be embarrassed to play this build in open world, much less in pvp.

23 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

What a horrible build. You take Gadgeteer for a single skill. You take power wrench, but don't take the other traits in explosives that buff your dodge. You take a bunch of turrets, but no kits so you have to rely on shortbow for damage. Really, shortbow. I guess you plan is to exist on point, don't do anything, and then respawn talking about how they "unleashed a monster." I'd be embarrassed to play this build in open world, much less in pvp.

To be fair, the build works, but i agree it's a lot of work to make a weak synergy function. At that point, it's just better to play Rifle and pepper people with strong autos.

If anything, a Rifle BD build with some turrets to CC overcharge might work better as a burst build.

On 3/26/2024 at 4:42 PM, Shadowpeixera.2918 said:

To be fair, the build works, but i agree it's a lot of work to make a weak synergy function. At that point, it's just better to play Rifle and pepper people with strong autos.

If anything, a Rifle BD build with some turrets to CC overcharge might work better as a burst build.

The Build originated from the Rifle. I just swapped it out for Shortbow. SB has the advantage of having more sustain and condi cleanse so there are some fights where SB would win out whilst Rifle would faulter. Fights wherein people have a lot of Projectile hate. Shortbow just bypasses that.

@H K.4057

At the very least try the build before making sweeping statements. Won many 1v1s and teams fights with that build.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 10:52 AM, Dirame.8521 said:

The Build originated from the Rifle. I just swapped it out for Shortbow. SB has the advantage of having more sustain and condi cleanse so there are some fights where SB would win out whilst Rifle would faulter. Fights wherein people have a lot of Projectile hate. Shortbow just bypasses that.

@H K.4057

At the very least try the build before making sweeping statements. Won many 1v1s and teams fights with that build.

SB is better in WvW where you can mitigate projectile hate. In SPvP, rifle will always come out better because you NEED the burst damage to actually deal damage since it's actually very easy to either dodge your bunker down damage, or simply mitigate it if you play classes like Warrior, Necro or Guardian.

The damage simply isn't there. It's passable damage. I want this weapon to be good too, believe me, but it's too much work for mediocre rewards, which is honestly the creed of the Engineer for the past 10 years: playing 3-kit to achieve what a Guardian does with a blink burst combo.