March 19 Engie Updates

Dirame.8521

• Automated Medical Response: This trait has been reworked. Grant regeneration to nearby allies when you use your healing skill's toolbelt skill.
  • Mecha Legs: This trait has been reworked. Gain resistance on dodging.
  • Bunker Down: This trait now triggers when disabling an enemy instead of when critically striking. The mine now spawns at the enemy's location instead of near the player. Reduced the internal cooldown from 4 seconds to 1 second. Increased the mine power coefficient from 0.77 to 0.95. The bandage now cleanses a condition, and its base healing has been increased from 502 to 598.

The change to AutoMR is just criminal. My AED build just became dead in the water. Thanks Anet. I guess its Automated Bomb Dispenser for me.

Mecha Legs is nice

As for Bunker Down....

.....I don't think you know the monster that you are about to unleash.

Edited by Dirame.8521

32 minutes ago, Dirame.8521 said:
  • Automated Medical Response: This trait has been reworked. Grant regeneration to nearby allies when you use your healing skill's toolbelt skill.
  • Bunker Down: This trait now triggers when disabling an enemy instead of when critically striking. The mine now spawns at the enemy's location instead of near the player. Reduced the internal cooldown from 4 seconds to 1 second. Increased the mine power coefficient from 0.77 to 0.95. The bandage now cleanses a condition, and its base healing has been increased from 502 to 598.

The change to AutoMR is just criminal. My AED build just became dead in the water. Thanks Anet. I guess its Automated Bomb Dispenser for me.

Mecha Legs is nice

As for Bunker Down....

It is a bit odd they are just chasing one class "counter soft cc" into resistance on dodging. That and eng gets a lot of dmg from spamming dodging.

8 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Mecha Legs is nice

As for Bunker Down....

So the Automated Medical Response completely ignores mechanist now so ok since they do not get a toolbelt healing skill.

Mecha Legs not sure on.

Bunker Down sounds like it will be crazy now post update.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 4:17 AM, Coolster.2536 said:

I don't mind these changes, but I wonder if you'll still get resistance when you dodge while rooted, since... you know... you can't dodge while rooted....

I really don't like the idea of mecha legs instead gaining resistance on dodge because of this, it's such a weird thing to place on a dodge mechanic.

If you dodge an immobilise then you don't need the trait but if you get hit by an immobilise then you can't use the trait.

This is definitly one that should go back to the drawing board.

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

I really don't like the idea of mecha legs instead gaining resistance on dodge because of this, it's such a weird thing to place on a dodge mechanic.

If you dodge an immobilise then you don't need the trait but if you get hit by an immobilise then you can't use the trait.

This is definitly one that should go back to the drawing board.

Resistance isn't just for immob. It's also against weakness and blind and annoying stuff like cripple and chill spam from reapers, which is very valuable and it means that after a dodge it will be a great time to counterpressure for engi as you will have free movement, EE and a guaranteed full dmg hit unless enemy dodges/blocks/etc. I'm not a fan of losing the movespeed though, especially for core. Streamlined kits will now be the only source from traits which isn't a good thing.

There's also other options for on demand resistance like from a relic, goggles utility (which is actually good now), and from first row of tools.

Edited by Koensol.5860
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Koensol.5860 said:

Resistance isn't just for immob. It's also against weakness and blind and annoying stuff like cripple and chill spam from reapers, which is very valuable and it means that after a dodge it will be a great time to counterpressure for engi as you will have free movement, EE and a guaranteed full dmg hit unless enemy dodges/blocks/etc. I'm not a fan of losing the movespeed though, especially for core. Streamlined kits will now be the only source from traits which isn't a good thing.

There's also other options for on demand resistance like from a relic, goggles utility (which is actually good now), and from first row of tools.

That might make sense if it were not for the fact that it was in the traitline with literally the best condi cleanse you can find not to mention this being a traitline primarily used on more supportive builds which also will already have condition cleanse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stalima.5490 said:

That might make sense if it were not for the fact that it was in the traitline with literally the best condi cleanse you can find not to mention this being a traitline primarily used on more supportive builds which also will already have condition cleanse.

That means you can save your cleanses for the more lethal condi's use resistance for dealing with the rest. Still not an ideal game design, I'll agree with that. But we will have to make due.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Koensol.5860 said:

That means you can save your cleanses for the more lethal condi's use resistance for dealing with the rest. Still not an ideal game design, I'll agree with that. But we will have to make due.

Just put the toughness to power conversion back in... or make it healing to power: simple. straight forward. useful.

2 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

Just put the toughness to power conversion back in... or make it healing to power: simple. straight forward. useful.

You're telling me there was a toughness to power conversion trait and Anet removed it!? I've always felt something like that was just what Inventions needed to make it useful outside of support builds.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 1:29 AM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

You're telling me there was a toughness to power conversion trait and Anet removed it!? I've always felt something like that was just what Inventions needed to make it useful outside of support builds.

here you go, this is what it was:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Energized_Armor

There was also this one too for healing:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Performance_Enhancement

As you might expect, that would give the cleric set in particular a huge boost to power value.

There is a list of all of the cool removed traits here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_historical_traits

Edited by Stalima.5490
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:14 AM, Dirame.8521 said:

Mecha Legs is nice

As for Bunker Down....

You realize AEDs synergy is based exclusively on itself at that health threshold ? meaning it serves 0 purpose with 0 build synergy. its an oh shytt heall and its only benefit is to precast under the assumption of death>>AMR on 120 cooldown , while the trait sounds good in theory its garbage. 

The change to Mecha legs 'IS' kittening criminal. 100% complete loss for any core engineer and build movement speed. 

Bunker down also criminal , seeing as how it obliterates a lot of fun sustain on crits

......There is no monster about to be unleashed, but another dead profession.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cjttruelife.9172 said:

The change to Mecha legs 'IS' kittening criminal. 100% complete loss for any core engineer and build movement speed.

Should have added swiftness as well, very simple.

33 minutes ago, cjttruelife.9172 said:

You realize AEDs synergy is based exclusively on itself at that health threshold ? meaning it serves 0 purpose with 0 build synergy. its an oh shytt heall and its only benefit is to precast under the assumption of death>>AMR on 120 cooldown , while the trait sounds good in theory its garbage. 

Bunker down also criminal , seeing as how it obliterates a lot of fun sustain on crits

The changes to the middle line have exceptional synergy with the middle line on scrapper in particular so there may be a curious stun heal build popping up although the ratios in particular that they quoted for bunker down make this look like an outright nerf in all honesty since cc usually has cooldowns and the mines are only marginally more powerful, however the fact that the mines will appear under enemies may also be an overall buff all things considered, we will have to see.

My current cleric build seems perfect for this setup.

Anyone else little bummed on glueshot cd increase? % wise that's a pretty big cd jump.

The extra water blast/karakosa bump on 12sec is nice.

Mace/pistol I feel like is a bit of a sleeper but actually pretty solid. Little less dmg than hammer (~3-4k dps from goofing on golem) but packs more support.

It fits pretty perfectly in between hammer full dps and mace/shield full support. 

Been having fun changing it up (bow a bit of a dud) and using in scenarios where a touch more support is needed/welcomed with a reasonable cost/benefit.

Edited by foxtrot.6902
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2024 at 4:28 AM, cjttruelife.9172 said:

The AED synergy has worked wonders for me. The 120s cooldown is the same cooldown as an Elite skill and do we complain about that? Nope. I've literally won 2v1s because of that one trait so.... your opinion is your opinion sir.

As for Bunker Down, the current bunker down only works on professions that get up close to you. The upcoming change, will make it a guaranteed hit on your target. That is a 100% chance to hit. The current Bunker Down doesn't have that. Literally, you can CC a person once every second and know that Bunker down will hit EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. And it got a damage boost.

Yes, you may not have realized it yet, but it is indeed a monster that is about to be unleashed.

In case you're wondering what build can do a CC every second: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PeQAUlJw2YMsFWJOsPmrdA-D6IeGZLBCZBYrnAAA

Edited by Dirame.8521
  • Confused 1

It's weird to have condi holo nerfed 'cause he was 'overperforming' and suddenly we have tons of classes with even higher dps, and by far easier to play

I don't like the fact of +40k dps in meta. But I don't like the fact of doin' much less dps on a piano rotation neither while the rest is doin' more with few keys to press.

By the rest, Power DPS  buff is welcomed

• Like 2

All these changes are are bad. Removing 25% movement speed from mech legs is really bad and it already offered 33% condition duration on cripple, chill and immobilize = vital for WvWvW survival.

Arenanet still never listens to its players and keeps nerfing the core engineer to "balance" engineer. Core engineer has never been overpowered, it is the elite specs.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2024 at 1:45 PM, Deniara Devious.3948 said:

All these changes are are bad. Removing 25% movement speed from mech legs is really bad and it already offered 33% condition duration on cripple, chill and immobilize = vital for WvWvW survival.

Arenanet still never listens to its players and keeps nerfing the core engineer to "balance" engineer. Core engineer has never been overpowered, it is the elite specs.

As expected: Mecha Legs have been nerfed into irrelevancy. A trait that had 4 benefits have stripped down to a single semi-useful skill. Why even call it "mecha" legs anymore? They really want upsell those elite specs don't they?

Edited by Jaruselka.5943
  • Sad 2

Though I do not have them in many builds anymore: I dislike the changes to Mecha Legs. When I used to play more core back then ... I liked them. But I guess first we had changes to fall damage traits (fall damage reduction being removed) - and now they might slowly want to remove the base increase of movement speed with traits only. (Mechanist still has the signet that I often use.) Not sure about the other stuff (resistance vs the movement speed reduction being lowered in time) ... I have not paid that much attention to boons anyways lol.

(I still like my rifle skill 4 though. Best change in ages when they made it so it won't give self-CC but still CCing the target + removing movemen impairing conditions.)

Bunker down: ... seems interesting. We all know the engineer certainly can CC ("disabling") often enough to make it happen almost every second. 😄

I dislike the change to Mecha Legs. In my opinion the basic nature of this trait was the movement speed increase which has been removed. For most of my characters I use a trait which gives me a permanent movement speed increase. This is still possible with the Mechanist specialization but it leaves a sour taste that ArenaNet removed this option for the core engineer.

• Like 3