Ad Infinitum variations

Ad infinitum variations  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have ad infinitum variations?

• Yes!!
    • No
    • Doesn't matter to me
  2. 2. Would you like to be able to dye your ad infinitum wings?

• Yes!!
    • No
    • Doesn't matter to me

Ad infinitum has been in the game for quite some time and being the main fractal backpack; I feel like it needs a little love.  I want to suggest a gold fractal and an abyssal fractal ad infinitum variation to be added; much like the elder dragon variations with the gen 3 legendary weapons. The gold fractal ad infinitum could have it's signature red cube with a golden hue and golden smoke; while the abyssal fractal ad infinitum would have it's black smoke and bright pink/purple/magenta colors with it's signature runes on it.

The regular fractal weapons match ad infinitum so much; I was a little surprised to see that no other variation is around for the other fractal weapon types.

I just got my first abyssal fractal box and after seeing such a great design and color; I felt the need to make a post here.  If creating an entire new look with gold/abyssal colors is too extensive, having the ability to dye ad infinitum would be wonderful instead.

https://imgur.com/7oeSS5u

Edited by iceryan.2516
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As sad as it is. I think ANet has no plans in rworking existing backieces to be dyeable. A true shame consdering that this is a legendary item and any new gemshop piece comes with dye channels these days. It's an old skin and that's just its fate at this point. Same goes for the other legendary backpieces or the AP armors/backpieces/gliders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Omega.6801 said:

As sad as it is. I think ANet has no plans in rworking existing backieces to be dyeable. A true shame consdering that this is a legendary item and any new gemshop piece comes with dye channels these days. It's an old skin and that's just its fate at this point. Same goes for the other legendary backpieces or the AP armors/backpieces/gliders.

That's not to say that there is a chance, however small, they could consider doing variations and having those be dyable.

We shouldn't hold our breath, but Anet is less likely to do this if we don't show interest first. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd like to be able to dye it, but I don't expect it to happen. I don't care about variants, especially if they're based on the fractal weapon sets.

Ad Infinitum is a bit of an anomaly for me because so far it's the only legendary I've made where I didn't care about the skin. I wanted a legendary backpack because I had a bad habit of thinking level 80 exotic or ascended ones are hard to come by (which was the case very early on) so I made a legendary one just after the armoury was added because then I didn't need to worry about it and could clear out a lot of bank space. I don't mind the skin and sometimes use the glider, but it's not one I'm likely to use often even if it was dyable. It would be nice to be able to 'turn down' the glow a bit by dying it a darker colour though.

• Thanks 1