Deadeye is the most broken kitten ive ever seen

How on earth do you lose to a DE nowadays ? Perhaps with another thief spec but as anything else you laugh and farm them 24/7 ..
Ever heard of reveal ?
Ever heard of reflect and dodge key-skills ?
As an ele you really should never ever have an issue with DE (or any thiefspec for that matter) unless there is differnce in skill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, lvis.3824 said:

Ever heard of reflect and dodge key-skills ?
As an ele you really should never ever have an issue with DE (or any thiefspec for that matter) unless there is differnce in skill.

Ele does have a lot of projectile hate, ngl

It's not an overbearing amount of projectile hate, but you can definitely win that matchup. 

Ever heard of reveal ?

People scoff at this because not everyone has it, but keep in mind some of us thief players have ptsd when any engie running lock on is anywhere near us, and if we're in the same match our rotation now needs to account for specifically not being where they are. asymmetrical balance is still balance, especially when a class can put the fear of Grenth into you by just being where you are like so many people claim thief does to them.

How on earth do you lose to a DE nowadays ? Perhaps with another thief spec but as anything else you laugh and farm them 24/7 ..

not being able to LoS and flailing instead of luring the thief into a position where they instadie probably makes this frustrating to deal with. I can understand the very core of the sentiment.

But I also play thief, so I weigh that against knowing that if I mess up I instantly die, I can't contest the point by nature of the class if I am on DE, and I also have to measure my cooldowns to prevent getting caught in a position where I would instantly die. I imagine that if people played thief with the aim to succeed on it long term, theyd not only be better at fighting them, but they'd be less willing to make wild claims on the forums that are too short sighted to see that if they get their way their defense or damage output will suffer soon after. 

You have my sympathies if you are a necro, or a mesmer. But I also play warrior and ele a little bit, and I've seen how mesmers and necros descend ravenously on the classes they have advantage on, so my sympathies are.... ehhh tempered, shall we say. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@lvis.3824 hmm i mean in PvP the only way Thief actually "loose" the Match up is ...... that he can not staying on the Point. But also that is not what thief actually do. The Problem is also not its dmg. Its more the fact that a thief or at least deadeye is able to win fights pretty safe on time since you simply can not realy counter play them. Yes you could reveal them or having projectile hate. But this 2 things are realy rare (aside of 1 or 2 classes tho) and also are more like a time spend Kind of thing than a real counter mechanic. 

In the end a good Thief would never be able to die in matches cause he got so many "restard the Match" mechanics. If he does somehow die he is eather a bad player or simply focused by the whole Team the Moment he enters the fight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1