Support classes

Merisee.9035

Always played support classes in other mmos and want to start doing that  here. played everything from druids shamans priests  jedi sages you get the idea. right?

i know support here is different since there's healing and boon support  and I'm wondering what's the easier class to learn it on? I've looked up guides and things and they seem dated. Especially due to the new weapons altering things such as warrior staff.
am i better to go with something easier but in the long run not that useful , I know on other games some healers/supports are only wanted in certain things where as others are wanted everywhere

Any help or suggestions would be  appreciated 

• Like 1

Alacrity heal Druid is really easy to play and very strong. 

Support Scourge is also not that difficult. 

Heal Firebrand and Heal Warrior are quite high APM. 

Cant say much about heal Tempest. Barely see ele in the first place. 

I would try Druid first. 

• Like 1

What gamemode though? PvE, PvP, WvW?
There's quite a bit of websites on which you can check builds:

And probably kitten load of more websites that I'm not aware of.
I think the easiest overall should be Scourge, then Druid. Tempest also is easy, but meh, not that good. In PvE you could also use something like Mechanist, pretty braindead spec.

• Like 1

Someone listed good places above; but there's quite a few support options for both PvE and WvW. Now, whether offensive support or full/heal/defensive support for PvE; def changes. I personally love WvW for full supports; but honestly there's a lot for both these days; ALL supports must provide boons in PvE; quick or ala mainly, with 2ndary boons, defensive will basically = heal n stats like harriers/minstrel, or offensive boon with their quick/ala, that don't heal but may do CC/other boons/2ndary offensive. I personally feel the most "supporty/classic feel" in WvW; zergs, despite chaos, it's dynamic and I love the variety; but yeah, look at the various builds, I know Warrior Staff is nice now, actually Warriors can be defensive, but yeah. Lots of options; but it is different from other MMO yep yep.