Add weekend (or short-term) events back into WvW!

A few years ago there was a gimmick'y event in WvW where there was no down state for a weekend or so. There should be more of these every so often; maybe like once or twice a month so that it's not too often or too little. How about a core profession only weekend?  or maybe a squad limited size weekend (like 10s or 20s only)? or a weekend where there's no boons allowed and condis are half duration only. or whatever. I'm sure people can get creative 

Edited by Chiral.8915
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Any new event needs to be super gimmicky to be interesting as long as we're disrupting everyone's routine or day to day. Some of those you listed might actually cause people to not log in for a while. 

If we're going to mess with numbers or take out skills or professions, it needs to be obvious and clear to everyone, so everyone knows what the event is about. Then everyone can reflect without their usual excuses. 

I think a monthly "event" week could in general be nice. The problem is what type of events. ANet won't make anything that restricts how people can play, so there will be no "remove X" in any way (classes, elites, stats, gear, weapon, runes/sigils etc). As they estimate that would cause more players to just not play, instead of making people pick other things.

Nor are they very likely to do something that completely wrecks the way WvW works (example remove walls for a week, or remove siege etc).

Generally put I think "no downstate" is about as extreme as they're willing to go.

So I'd assume it would rather be random small buffs for a week. I'm probably a bit too out of things to really come up with much good examples that would actually make a change. But a couple of things I can think off:

* Double boon strip week
* Increase effects of Combo effects
* Disable food/utility week

Another interesting option could be for them to try out different mechanics on Outnumbered, to see what would work.

Edited by joneirikb.7506
+1