Redeem gem card code "Page not found" [Merged]

28 minutes ago, Petrified.9826 said:

You mean Redeem Code button? Doesn't work with gem codes. They are 20 length and you can enter only 25 length code here. For expansions etc.

Ah!  Learn something new every day.  (You can see I don't use gem codes. xD)

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

OP you are not trying to do it on a steam account right?

Since steam accounts cant redeem gem cards

Not steam account. I created this account around 10 years ago and recently returned to GW2. As I said in first post, redeeming gem cards worked fine before sale that started yesterday

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Okay. I found a workaround for this. Problem is that I created my account 10 years ago from Russia. I used other region account and was able to redeem codes.

GJ at reminding people that they were born in wrong country, even though they leave it a long time ago and even got another citizenship. That's not your accomplishment that you were born in US or any EU country. That's just luck. Remember this.

Edited by Petrified.9826
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Screen
So this is what i get when trying to redeem a gem code. I cant even sign in on the arena support website to send a ticket, an infinite loading is the only thing i get. Is it because my account was created in russia? Just please be honest about it, cause there's a  yesterday forum post from a russian dude with the same problem but the staff member replies "should be fixed now". I tried clearing the game cache, didnt work

• Sad 1

Same thing, my account was also created in russia. I mean, just please be honest and say that this is the reason so people dont spend time trying to figure what's wrong if the only wrong thing is being born in a wrong place

Edited by Fluffy.9162
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Fluffy.9162 said:

Screen
So this is what i get when trying to redeem a gem code. I cant even sign in on the arena support website to send a ticket, an infinite loading is the only thing i get. Is it because my account was created in russia? Just please be honest about it, cause there's a  yesterday forum post from a russian dude with the same problem but the staff member replies "should be fixed now". I tried clearing the game cache, didnt work

You can contact the CS Team by sending an email to 'support@arena.net'.

I do believe it has nothing to do with a russians gamers directly, but its just a part of Anet inner network archetecture problems. I assume that a logic behind it is while trying to redeem a code, we're trying to get most optimal server to connect, which is now currently responding with 404 error. It is just happens to be most optimal server for a russians gamers. 

Thats why VPN is helping to solve this problem, because in that case most optimal server is different.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...