Bunker Down change is mainly a nerf

Cabouse.2418

The changes to Bunker Down honestly are overall a massive nerf to the trait the explosive spawning on the enemy is great but it completely breaks one of the synergys with flamethrower engineer which gave it some resonable but not OP sustain

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Disagree wholeheartedly, but to each his own. Take Explosives, Take Flashbang , take Tools, take Take Adrenal Implant then when using FT auto attack, dodge occasionally to proc Flashbang and you're golden.

It literally makes any build that uses a lot of CC quite OP. The only CC that doesn't work with it is Turret CC. Your Auto-attacks can literally take 15% of health in 1-hit because of Explosive Entrance and Bunker Down. If you think that's not OP, I guess you must be playing PvE or something.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

It literally makes any build that uses a lot of CC quite OP.

Is there an internal CD? If I hammer 5 then hammer 3, does it proc 4 times?

Edit: 1s ICD, you get 2-3 procs of bunker down if you delay hammer 3 for 1 second. Bunker Down crits for about 1300, which isn't amazing. That said, something like Static Shock can proc both Static Discharge and Bunker Down at the same time.

4 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Your Auto-attacks can literally take 15% of health in 1-hit because of Explosive Entrance and Bunker Down.

That's only 3k damage vs a normal opponent. Is that supposed to be good?

Edit #2: I think the main issue with bunker down is the opportunity cost. The rest of Inventions is not great, especially now that Automated Medical Response was killed. I'd honestly rather just take Firearms to cap my crit if I really didn't want to take Tools or Alchemy.

Edited by H K.4057
Added new info.
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, H K.4057 said:

Is there an internal CD? If I hammer 5 then hammer 3, does it proc 4 times?

Edit: 1s ICD, you get 2-3 procs of bunker down if you delay hammer 3 for 1 second. Bunker Down crits for about 1300, which isn't amazing. That said, something like Static Shock can proc both Static Discharge and Bunker Down at the same time.

That's only 3k damage vs a normal opponent. Is that supposed to be good?

Edit #2: I think the main issue with bunker down is the opportunity cost. The rest of Inventions is not great, especially now that Automated Medical Response was killed. I'd honestly rather just take Firearms to cap my crit if I really didn't want to take Tools or Alchemy.

Meh, if that's how you feel. As for me, I shall continue to blow up all those unsuspecting attackers with my static shield.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dirame.8521 said:

Disagree wholeheartedly, but to each his own. Take Explosives, Take Flashbang , take Tools, take Take Adrenal Implant then when using FT auto attack, dodge occasionally to proc Flashbang and you're golden.

It literally makes any build that uses a lot of CC quite OP. The only CC that doesn't work with it is Turret CC. Your Auto-attacks can literally take 15% of health in 1-hit because of Explosive Entrance and Bunker Down. If you think that's not OP, I guess you must be playing PvE or something.

Changing the trigger from on Crit to on Disable is infact a MASSIVE nerf. The ICD reduction & potency increases effectively add nothing to the skill because engineer doesn’t have that much access to CC outside of a few very specific builds. Bunker Down was an engineer staple that could be used on. Any build, now it requires heavy access to CC. In PvP it may still be very potent, but in PvE it has been completely gutted in usefulness by this change. Enemies with breakbars or CC immunity cause this trait to do absolutely nothing, which actually makes it undesirable and useless in most PvE content.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Panda.1967 said:

Changing the trigger from on Crit to on Disable is infact a MASSIVE nerf. The ICD reduction & potency increases effectively add nothing to the skill because engineer doesn’t have that much access to CC outside of a few very specific builds. Bunker Down was an engineer staple that could be used on. Any build, now it requires heavy access to CC. In PvP it may still be very potent, but in PvE it has been completely gutted in usefulness by this change. Enemies with breakbars or CC immunity cause this trait to do absolutely nothing, which actually makes it undesirable and useless in most PvE content.

Failing against enemies with defiance bars or immunity feels like an oversight - normally skills that would otherwise CC always trigger CC-related traits on defiant or CC-immune enemies.

• Sad 1

On 3/21/2024 at 4:30 PM, Panda.1967 said:

Thank you if they had left the ICD as 5 and just changed the mine to move to enemy that to me would have been a fair change but it just seems like a pointless trait now

1 hour ago, Cabouse.2418 said:

Thank you if they had left the ICD as 5 and just changed the mine to move to enemy that to me would have been a fair change but it just seems like a pointless trait now

Its all because they have gotten stuck on this misguided kick of “passive playstyle traits are bad and need to go away” which at a surface level may seem fine, but the real problem is that the more passive traits you push into more active traits the harder it becomes to make a coherent build and the more homogeneous builds become. A lot of “passive” on crit, on projectile hit, and on (skill type) trigger traits have been reworked into on disable, on dodge, and on elite/heal skill trigger traits over the course of SotO and the second half of EoD. These changes force everyone into a specific playstyle and restrict build diversity since now you have to include specific abilities just to even have a chance of seeing the same performance your build had before and you are now burning healing and elite skills for effects you would have had from a utility skill, weapon skill, or profession ability. (Or in the case of Chronomancer’s attempting to shatter clones more often since alacrity was moved from wells to shatters for no good reason)

On 3/21/2024 at 7:09 AM, Dirame.8521 said:

Your Auto-attacks can literally take 15% of health in 1-hit because of Explosive Entrance and Bunker Down. If you think that's not OP, I guess you must be playing PvE or something.

Wow, that's almost 1/10th of what a Willbender can do in 2 hits. So strong.

Edited by Shadowpeixera.2918
Mistook the name of the e-spec
  • Haha 3