Ward skills should have bonus defiance damage

PogO.5289

These skills are designed to give guardian useful control mechanics, and in pvp/wvw they succeed at that, but because they rely on enemy movement, in instanced PvE these skills have exactly 0 effect on the majority of boss encounters. Take hammer 5 for example: this skill is a has a 30 second cast time and only does two things: puts a warding ring and light field at your feet. It is completely and utterly useless on almost every single boss encounter. Why not give wards some usefulness in instanced PvE by adding some bonus defiance damage?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

wow. Honestly insane how quickly the team seems to respond to any suggestion on the guardian forum : first the name change and voice acting for advance (retreat) and now we get cc on terrain creating skills.

Meanwhile elementalist, thief, warrior and engi have been asking for simple qol changes or bugfixes for years for things that are still the same

Maybe we should rename the Proffesions category under Game Discussion to Guardan in order to get the developers to read other feedback too

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

wow. Honestly insane how quickly the team seems to respond to any suggestion on the guardian forum : first the name change and voice acting for advance (retreat) and now we get cc on terrain creating skills.

Meanwhile elementalist, thief, warrior and engi have been asking for simple qol changes or bugfixes for years for things that are still the same

Maybe we should rename the Proffesions category under Game Discussion to Guardan in order to get the developers to read other feedback too

Guard mains famously getting everything they wanted since 2012 😞

Edited by Kuya.6495
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Can we get Alac on FB and Quickness on WB then? 😛

Agreed. Among FB and WB, FB really feels more like the caster playstyle that benefits rather from alacrity than from quickness due to its many AoEs and support skills that merely profit from quickness. Vice versa, WB with its bursty, fast-paced and fast-hitting playstyle would benefit from quickness way more than from alacrity. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

"any" - firstly, there have been alot more suggestions on this particular subforum that was widely ignored, secondly, the retreat rename have been asked for in different forms for *years* before the change was actually done.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/27/2024 at 11:25 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

Guard mains famously getting everything they wanted since 2012 😞

I love the dev/devs behind Guard throughout the years and I feel that they don't get enough credit.

We asked for a big change to how burns were handled (guard being the biggest class for burn condi) and they did a condi rework for the entire game, including changing one of our GM traits.

• Permeating Wrath is certainly my favorite changes to Guard, ever. I remember the exact thread where 'we' as a community wanted our F1 procs to not just single target burn, but also around the person. It turned into one of the most fun pve/pvp class traits in the game. Even though I don't really dabble with condi guard builds anymore, I'm still in love with this GM trait and still use it in unranked spvp from time to time.
  •