Snap Pull is too fast to dodge

35 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You got this nice orange cone indicating the bad thingy.

Yep, for like 1/4s. That's not long enough to register that the thing is there and then to execute a dodge in time. The skill may take longer for the warrior to use but what is important is the length of time opponents have to react.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ovark.2514 said:

The skill may take longer for the warrior to use but what is important is the length of time opponents have to react.

100% the reason warrior is balanced like it is and why y'all will constantly get duelists instead of dps warriors that depend on landing decap/evisc/arcing to down you.

Woe

bunker be upon ye

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I mean, it is pretty fast but it sounds strange to complain about any 1/4 casting time skills when guardian Hammer 4/5 into Judge's Intervention and revenant phase traversal exists. EDIT: I stand corrected, thanks to the below posters. It's 1/2s so even slower than 1/4, infinitely slower than the instant casts WITH STUNBREAK as reminded by other folks 🙂 

Edited by maxwelgm.4315
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

29 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I mean, it is pretty fast but it sounds strange to complain about any 1/4 casting time skills when guardian Hammer 4/5 into Judge's Intervention and revenant phase traversal exists

Why are you comparing instant stunbreak teleport versus a high energy cost 0,5 second teleport? And how is this relates to staff 0,5 second pull cast(not 1/4sec)?

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I mean, it is pretty fast but it sounds strange to complain about any 1/4 casting time skills when guardian Hammer 4/5 into Judge's Intervention and revenant phase traversal exists

Thief with instant daze on steal: nothing to see here, move along 👀

• Confused 1

I dodged that ability multipble times (not always but I have stability/stunbreak and sometimes caught though but that's okay).

I mean there is enough oppurtunity to dodge/counter it in other ways, the point of a cc is still to work

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, maxwelgm.4315 said:

I mean, it is pretty fast but it sounds strange to complain about any 1/4 casting time skills when guardian Hammer 4/5 into Judge's Intervention and revenant phase traversal exists. EDIT: I stand corrected, thanks to the below posters. It's 1/2s so even slower than 1/4, infinitely slower than the instant casts WITH STUNBREAK as reminded by other folks 🙂 

You can't take the ingame description as accurate. Signet of stamina used to have a tooltip that said it was 1/4s cast time when it was in fact 1/2s. They removed the tool tip for cast time thanks to my suggestion (maybe?) implying that it was insta-cast without actually removing the cast time. Also, pvp is less about numbers and more about what abilities actually feel like to play against. I play against staff wars, anticipating the pull and even though I'm fully prepared to dodge it when I see the telegraph, it's just too fast to dodge.

5 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

Also, pvp is less about numbers and more about what abilities actually feel like to play against. 

True, but if that were put into practice more often you wouldn't just be upset with snap pull.

I am more interested with the notion that you seem to expect warrior to serve you attacks to dodge at a speed where it's embarrassing if you -don't- dodge them, when most other classes in the game -don't- do that (or can opt out of doing that). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

True, but if that were put into practice more often you wouldn't just be upset with snap pull.

I am more interested with the notion that you seem to expect warrior to serve you attacks to dodge, when most other classes in the game -don't- do that. 

I believe all classes should only have abilities that are dodgeable. Doesn't matter how many times I post about it though. Devs don't care. It's just really noticeable when warrior gets skills that can't reasonably be avoided because it is outside the norm. Other classes always get a free pass. Also I care more about warrior because I play it the most in pvp.

7 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I believe all classes should only have abilities that are dodgeable. Doesn't matter how many times I post about it though. Devs don't care. It's just really noticeable when warrior gets skills that can't reasonably be avoided because it is outside the norm. Other classes always get a free pass. Also I care more about warrior because I play it the most in pvp.

It being outside the norm doesn't mean it's bad or needs adjustment. Consider why it's outside the norm. The norm is "your skills get evaded by anyone with a pulse."  

It's still a half second cast time with a big indicator that you can anticipate easier by looking at the warrior's animation before the ground indicator. 3/4 second would be as easy as dodging decapitate or earthshaker. 

3 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It being outside the norm doesn't mean it's bad or needs adjustment. Consider why it's outside the norm. The norm is "your skills get evaded by anyone with a pulse."  

I think what many people forget when it comes to designing skills that can be dodgeable is that players only have 2 dodges. So it becomes less that the skill will  never land as, is this a skill worth burning my dodge on. I think players should have that choice.

17 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I think what many people forget when it comes to designing skills that can be dodgeable is that players only have 2 dodges.

This isn't 2012, people don't only have two dodges. Most classes have skills that evade, AOE blinds, blocks, movement skills that put them out of range of melee, stability and all number of dodge facilitating mechanics from vigor to endurance regen to energy sigils. 

So it becomes less that the skill will  never land as, is this a skill worth burning my dodge on. I think players should have that choice.

Elaborate.

Is the argument for snap pull being as it is now "I want to be able to choose whether or not I burn my evade on this", or is this more a "players should be able to choose whether or not they dodge bursts across the board" angle?

I hate both of those btw but explain. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Thought bubble: [Nobody chooses to go downstate willingly. Balancing Warrior such that losing to it or getting hit by skills you're not prepared for becomes a choice or matter of deliberation is -insane.- That is why warriors play duelists > power.]

37 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Is the argument for snap pull being as it is now "I want to be able to choose whether or not I burn my evade on this", or is this more a "players should be able to choose whether or not they dodge bursts across the board" angle?

I hate both of those btw but explain. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

I want to be able to choose to evade the CC. Mainly because 1 CC often becomes a CC chain, and by the end of it you're dead. If you eat the burst of someone, you might still be alive at the end, just low HP. I play a build which has no space for a stunbreak, so I literally can't afford to get hit with CC at all if it can become a CC chain. I'm not saying that the skill Snap Pull has to change SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF THE BUILD I PLAY. I do strongly believe in counterplay for all abilities.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Ovark.2514 said:

I want to be able to choose to evade the CC. Mainly because 1 CC often becomes a CC chain, and by the end of it you're dead. If you eat the burst of someone, you might still be alive at the end, just low HP. I play a build which has no space for a stunbreak, so I literally can't afford to get hit with CC at all if it can become a CC chain. I'm not saying that the skill Snap Pull has to change SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF THE BUILD I PLAY. I do strongly believe in counterplay for all abilities.

You have no stunbreak while you do pvp????

Do you have stability, block, invurnable to fill the no stunbreak???

If you have none of these above, then it's just a bad build and you're asking to be punished because you play that risky.

Also the pull can be evaded, I have done it myself multiple times but also other times caught. But if caught, I still have stunbreak and stability, not even that much/long stability but enough 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1