Need clarification re: Ventari empowerment.

Zenith.7301

Went ona break and came back after they retouched Ventari. I'm not understanding the GW2wiki stub about it.

Exactly how do you get the empowered effects on Ventari spells? Is it just worse now to camp it for sustain/healing and it just encourages you to legend swap for self sustain?

Wanting to swap out of Shiro on my Vindicator for open world since Shiro is lacking on self sustain, especially condi cleanse and projectile deflect, and I was finding myself between Jalis and Ventari as my second Vindicator legend for open world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Wanting to swap out of Shiro on my Vindicator for open world since Shiro is lacking on self sustain, especially condi cleanse and projectile deflect, and I was finding myself between Jalis and Ventari as my second Vindicator legend for open world.

Jalis/Alliance is pretty much the best open world set for Vindicators. It's just packed with all you need to survive, especially Jalis' hammers and stability road allow you to face tank many encounters. 

Ventari's Tablet only refreshes when it is resummoned via any of its ways which make it extremely unwieldy to use as an on-demand anything if what you're looking for is sustain because while Ventari can heal and cleanse as you wish, some effects require the empowerment. You're better off with Viktor Alliance stance which offers great healing and cleansing as well. 

• Like 1

Or just use that celestial vindi build, Hizen has some video about too. Idk how up to date the weapons are but mace/shield + shortbow on his work fine.

You have little less stability but sustain in general shouldn't be a problem.

If you prefere power build, Jalis-/alliance stance is best for that like Yasai said above me.

You can go many ways with it

14 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Jalis/Alliance is pretty much the best open world set for Vindicators. It's just packed with all you need to survive, especially Jalis' hammers and stability road allow you to face tank many encounters. 

That maybe for power stats, but cele Vindi with Mallyx + Alliance and short bow + mace & axe is probably by far the strongest OW PvE solo build in the game (even after the nerfs). Second best cooice probably the same build with Herald.

Power builds for PvE are nice for grpups of players or for trashing easy mobs, but as soon as you face challenging mosnters as some HP and bounties you'll notice the difference: outside power Soulbeast/Untamed and power Bladesworn or maybe Reaper I don't think that power builds are very good (and even those they have handicaps), since armor in enemies absorbs lots of damage and those builds don't do damage when they are cced. Condi/hybrid builds have longer ramp up and lower overall dps but deal with hard fights much better.

Is a bit sad because power Vindi with greatsword + swords is my fav PvE build in the game but power at solo is nowhere near to condi builds in terms of self sustain and tankyness.

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

That maybe for power stats, but cele Vindi with Mallyx + Alliance and short bow + mace & axe is probably by far the strongest OW PvE solo build in the game (even after the nerfs). Second best cooice probably the same build with Herald.

Power builds for PvE are nice for grpups of players or for trashing easy mobs, but as soon as you face challenging mosnters as some HP and bounties you'll notice the difference: outside power Soulbeast/Untamed and power Bladesworn or maybe Reaper I don't think that power builds are very good (and even those they have handicaps), since armor in enemies absorbs lots of damage and those builds don't do damage when they are cced. Condi/hybrid builds have longer ramp up and lower overall dps but deal with hard fights much better.

Is a bit sad because power Vindi with greatsword + swords is my fav PvE build in the game but power at solo is nowhere near to condi builds in terms of self sustain and tankyness.

I think Renegade can rival that once again tbh. The Soulcleave burst is pretty stupid damage and Breakrazor heals a massive ton. 

It's a rather effective Cele build if you run Invocation Corruption Renegade. Can even run Devastation if you want Battle Scars generation but honestly Corruption is more damage due to Torment spamming with Mallyx and Shortbow. Not to mention rather decent sustain with Soulcleave.

Between having high Prot uptime by just chucking summons out and perma 25 might, you're kinda set. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I'll probably try cele once I finish my plate legendary, but for now I don't want to be bothered with crafting a cele set just for OW PVE when I mostly do strikes/raids/fractals and the OW is for collections/unlocks.

Already got my cloth legendary and plate is 2/3 of the way done.

Edited by Zenith.7301